Totally off topic !!

With my wife’s short term prognosis ,

we are vert seriously considering buying a piece of land and putting a handicapped ready Barndominium , with an attached workshop , on the side .

We have no idea , where to start , who to contact.

We kind of want to act fast as time is short

Lady bird deeds

Capital gain tax .

You know greedy stuff

There has to be someone here , who has done this and will have some input .

Thanks 

Susan / Ralph 🇺🇸🏴‍☠️

Ralph, I've known this guy for a few years. His office is in Englewood. His company specializes in handicap renovations and new construction.  Jeff - 248-388-0125

I also have another friend who is a general contractor. He built his own barndominium in New Hampshire.  I'll check with him to see if he is licensed in Florida. 

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, SCFD rtrd. said:

Ralph, I've known this guy for a few years. His office is in Englewood. His company specializes in handicap renovations and new construction.  Jeff - 248-388-0125

I also have another friend who is a general contractor. He built his own barndominium in New Hampshire.  I'll check with him to see if he is licensed in Florida. 

THANK YOU ! 🇺🇸🏴‍☠️

• Like 2

Stupid question, what is a barndominum. As far as handicap renovation goes I would think most general contractors would know what is required and how to do it as well as the building dept. in that area. Best of luck, fin 👍😀👍️.

pour condo recently had a new 600’ dock built around the complex. We needed info on what handicap requirements were needed if any. Our contractor went to the city to find out but they knew the law already. Think it’s in the fair housing act.

Ralph, my friend from New Hampshire is not licensed in Florida, but he gave the name of a General Contractor who works out of the Englewood area ( Damian - 941-662-7233).  Contact your Tax person about the ramifications of "capital gains taxes".  My understanding of capital gains tax is that if you sell a property and buy a cheaper property, then the extra money or profit is taxed. If you sell a property and invest all the proceeds into another property, then there is no capital gains.

Have you considered how your wife will access the second floor?

• Like 2

On 7/9/2024 at 8:36 AM, THE OUTLAW said:

I am looking into a Lady Bird Deed

No second floor .

Sebring and Lake Placid look beautiful

🇺🇸🏴‍☠️

I have some family in Seabring.  My in-laws just moved back to KY from Lake Placid.  Have some connections to some connections there.  Also have a fishing buddy that is an attorney in Seabring.  I can check with them on local builders and put you in contact with the attorney if needed.  He's a great guy.  We've stayed at the RR Chicken and fished all over that area.  

I was nut informed that , in FL , Thank you Ron DeSantis , that there is no Capital Gains Tax on the sale of your personal residence .

How much truth is there to this ?

Must be some one on here with some knowledge of this .

Thanks

🇺🇸🏴‍☠️

Thank you !

The Capital Gains Tax is for people who are flipping houses for profit .

The law states, the you have to , own the home , for a minimum of 5 years, and have lived there , for a minimum of three years.

So now that I have this knowledge, my next adventure will be to figure out where we will disappear too !

🇺🇸🏴‍☠️