Potential fuel leak?

I have a 2013 Pathfinder 22 TRS that I purchased used a couple of years ago.  Yesterday when I came back from trailering the boat from the boat ramp I had the boat on the trailer at my house and I could smell gasoline.  So I am paranoid and worry that I have a leak in my gas tank.  Has anyone had any problems with the Pathfinder 22 having a gas tank leak?  

Also, if I do have a gas tank leak I am assuming it will be obvious and I will have gasoline in the bilge.  So I will be able to see gasoline leaking from the transom when I remove the boat plug, right?  

Any information would be appreciated.  

I have a 2012 2200 TRS. I have not had any fuel tank leak issues. I can tell you that when it is really hot I can smell gas when I walk by the fuel tank vent.

You might want to stick your head into the console and remove the round pie hole cover in the floor and take a look. That is where the fuel sender and connections are. If it is leaking you would eventually find fuel in the bilge.

• Like 1

I highly doubt you’ll have a fuel tank issue with that year model…the early 2000, 2001 maybe but not the later models. 
did you overfill and it purge out of the vent ? My 2009 PF22 does smell of fuel in the front hatches if I overfill. 
if you pull the plug and have no fuel come out….you’re ok. 

• Like 1

On 6/24/2024 at 1:06 PM, elopomorph said:

So I will be able to see gasoline leaking from the transom when I remove the boat plug, right?  

spray water in your anchor locker then lift the bow and capture the water out of the stern plug...if it's clean then you are ok, if you see gas floating on the surface you know you will have gas in the bilge and a leaking tank somewhere....

Try this as a start...you will have a bit of gunk on the water...I'm talking about visible gas sheen.

dc

All of this information was very helpful!  I am hoping I am just smelling fuel vapor.  I am going to put water in the anchor locker and see how the water looks when it comes out of the plug in the back as a start.  

Thanks!  

• Confused 1

21 hours ago, elopomorph said:

All of this information was very helpful!  I am hoping I am just smelling fuel vapor.  I am going to put gas in the anchor locker and see how the water looks when it comes out of the plug in the back as a start.  

Thanks!  

Gas in the anchor locker ?…