Rod holders on 2nd Gen Pathfinder 2200 V

Kitchwiz

Anywhere aft of the console looking to match same for the port side as Starboard .

Kickers are where the outer holders keep your rods kicked out for a better spread while trolling. Mot everyone put their kickers on the Tee top but I opted for no Tee top.

If you are looking to turn a 30 degree holder outboard I doubt you will have room in the narrow gunnel. I think I have seen them squeeze a rod holder in pointing aft but really kicking them out might be too much. 

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, fin-addict said:

I take it these are what you’re talking about. Never heard them called Kickers. I run them from my midship rod holders to increase my spread and the aft holders as straight line center holders. At times I will use them as shown.

IMG_0470.jpeg

She’s a beauty Finn. 👍🎣

• Like 2

On 6/18/2024 at 11:20 AM, Kitchwiz said:

I have a new to me Pathfinder 2200V, she is a 2001 with skinny gunnels.

I am looking to install some Kicker rod holders on the rear of the boat. Has anyone found any angled ones that will fit?

The space between the hull and the liner in the 2001 is less than the 2002 and later.  You should measure the gunnel width and subtract the distance from the gunnel edge and the hull side.  This will give you a rough ides if there is enough room to add one.  If Hobo is still lurking I am sure he would know off the top of his head if it can be done.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have a 2001 2200V.  I installed some bimini top hardware on the gunnel.  I dont see anyway that you could get a rod holder into the cap.   I think the only option is to install them into the rear deck inside the boat.  I have seen a few people do this but have been hesitant to do this myself.  I am worried about all the sprayed in foam and having open holes that drain into the bilge.

• Like 1

On 6/21/2024 at 9:15 AM, fin-addict said:

I take it these are what you’re talking about. Never heard them called Kickers. I run them from my midship rod holders to increase my spread and the aft holders as straight line center holders. At times I will use them as shown.

Wow Fin what a nice ride you have there.IMG_0470.jpeg

• 2 months later...

I have a 2009 22v I installed 2 15 degree in the aft transom out board if i remeber corectly it wwas 6" in from the aft  and 4 1/2" in from the side. The only snag i ran into is the bilge pump hose loop was in the way on the starboard side but i was able to get it to flop out of the way. Also can not get thru bolts unless you cut the inner liner i just want it as a place to put the rod down on the reef not looking to troll from it.