Trailer Tires - Not Happy with OEM Rainier

Ketchafew

For everyone that bought the Amara Trail trailer with your boat it most likely came with Rainier tires.  If you have replaced them what tire did you go with?  I've been disappointed with the wear and durability of the Rainier.

I have been using these for years. They do not break the bank and I have not had a failure.

I buy them on line and have my local tire shop mount them for me. 

https://simpletire.com/brands/power-king-tires/towmax-str-ii#curationPos=none&curationSeq=none&curationSource=none&itemId=166063&mpn=MAX37T&pageSource=PDP&productPos=none&region=r4&tireSize=st205-75rr14&userRegion=4&userZip=35649&zip=35649

20240519_111142.jpg

20240519_111214.jpg

I used to buy Maxxis radial trailer tires but for some reason my tire store said he couldn’t source them any longer. The last set I bought were GoodYear endurance. If you google best trailer tire and the hull truth you will see post after post on the good year Endurance. 

• Like 1

We used Goodyear Trailer tires on our Race car trailer. They were good for at least one blowout a year.  Our last race was Sept. 2013 with a LLM win at New Smyrna Speedway.

The Racing Community avoided them and we were racing on Goodyear Racing tires at times, but mostly on Hosiers.

I have been baffled for years as why Goodyear trailer tires get good reviews from the Boating community.

George may have hit it,  I believe what we used were Marathons. Looks like Endurance may be much better. For what they cost they better be!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

When I needed new tires on my 2013 Amera Trail, I did lots of research. Most sites recommended Goodyear Endurance. Trailer tires are not built to the same standard as passenger vehicle tires and that's why most trailer tires are speed rated at 65mph. The speed rating is stamped right on the side along with weight and air pressure ratings. The Goodyear Endurance is speed rated to 90mph which would suggest that it's a better-quality product. 

I bought mine from Walmart (best price) and had them delivered to my local Walmart which has an automotive/ tire shop. They mounted and balanced all five tires (one spare) for a very reasonable price. 

• Like 2

I have had good experience with Goodyear endurance as well.  The trailer pulls much straighter and with a lot less side to side sway vs the cheap tires that come on from the factory.  I purchased min from Wal Mart online as well.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a 2021 Ameratrail and the Rainer tires have been ok.  One tire wore unevenly, so I made it the spare and the others are wearing evenly.  After the  tire wear issue, I bought 4 Goodyear Endurance tires but haven’t installed them, waiting for the Rainer tires to show more wear.