WEEDON ISLAND SANDBAR CONCERT MAY 29

lurem

I know this is a little far out but they are having another concert at the sandbar this year. It is on Memorial Day weekend so for those that are doing stay-cations it may be something you want to try.

Just putting it out there for those that like that area or want to come down and check it out. They have there own Facebook page so you can check it out for the particulars. If you don't see something ask away, several on here are familiar with that area.

https://www.facebook.com/SandBarConcertpChannel/info?tab=page_info

Dale

• 2 weeks later...

Be good if you could make it, I hope weather and work let me. It was fun last year pretty calm actually, until we decided to leave. Apparently 35 mph in the channel with the family on the boat isn't fast enough for A holes in a go fast boat.

They passed me on the right side going in between someones dock pilings at like 60. I was kinda pissed, but I will be more aware this year. 

• 3 weeks later...

I've been strongly considering it.  Honestly just debating if I want to deal with the zoo at the gandy boat ramp that morning.  If I wanted to put the boat in ahead of time I'd be docked on the Hillsborough Bay side.  If the weather turns, I'd be in for a loooooong ride home around MacDill.

How early do you need to get to the bar to get a decent spot to anchor up?

Don't remember the exact time I got there last year, but the band was playing. Maybe it was about 11. The bar was pretty full but still spots to be had. I went all the way to far end, it was behind the stage. It was fine we walked over and watch a bit then went back to the boat for drinks and lunch. All and all it was a good time. 

I hear ya on the Gandy ramp, it will be a mad house. Good for me, after doing 20 years in the Air Force they still let me use the boat ramp. 

11 hours ago, harbday said:

I've been strongly considering it.  Honestly just debating if I want to deal with the zoo at the gandy boat ramp that morning.  If I wanted to put the boat in ahead of time I'd be docked on the Hillsborough Bay side.  If the weather turns, I'd be in for a loooooong ride home around MacDill.

How early do you need to get to the bar to get a decent spot to anchor up?

If you are coming from clearwater side, i have a semi-private ramp i use right near the bayside bridge. Shoot me a message and ill tell you where it is, 5$ fee to launch there, no idiots or crowds. Takes about 20 minutes to get to south end of weedon, 13 minutes at 65 mph :D

I assume your talking about the ramp at Allan Creek.

I can tell you this the ramp at Anclote Park will be a no go unless you are there at Daylight. It has been closed from being full the last 3 weekends. Last Sunday they had 3 PCSO units on scene to control the crowd.:( As far as getting to Weedon you better do what ever your going to do early. I am running a trip tomorrow and I will not go near the water until next Tuesday.

With this good weather over a Holiday weekend I suspect the crazies will go pro this weekend.

Have fun and be careful. They got an early start to the weekend.:(

Two boats collided outside a Coast Guard station in Florida, killing one person and injuring two others, authorities said.

The accident occurred Friday night near the Coast Guard station in St. Petersburg.
The identities of the victims were withheld pending notification of next of kin.
"Our deepest sympathies are with the family and loved ones of the boater killed in this tragic collision," said Capt. Gregory Case with the Coast Guard in St. Petersburg. "We wish the injured a full and speedy recovery."
One of the injured was in critical condition, while the second one suffered minor injuries. Two others aboard one of the boats were not injured, authorities said. It's unclear how many people were aboard each boat.
The Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission is investigating.

I have a logjt blue redfisher with a flag flying from the poling platform. We are on the inside of the sandbar between the mangroves about 3/4 of the way down. 

Hurricane is on the way in a maverick 18 teal green.

Archived