New Boat Quality Issues

I hate seeing these things. Jam, God Bless you for being so patient ! These boats have cool features that take a bit of careful assembly and sealing. Lots can go wrong, as we see here. I’m glad your dealer is working for you.

I know I’m old, and old school. I have purchased three new boats from MBG since 2004. Each time at delivery my dealer Lindsay Marine in Stuart put a tech on the boat and we did the first hour of break in on the new motors. During this time, we turned on every pump, light and accessory. He brought basic tools to adjust hatches and doors, and checked all the cables from batteries to switches and blocks. Once back at the dealer, they polished out any swirls or scratches, replaced any buggered screws, and sprayed the whole motor and bracket with corrosion block. This was all part of that dealer prep line item, and good tip cash for the tech. 
Lots has changed since then, sadly. It might be a good thing to ask at the dealer when you are writing the contract. 

I hope you get your boat perfect, as it should be. Stay on the Dealer.. 

Marc

• 1 month later...

Just joined this group and this is the information I am looking for. I’m moving to Jupiter Florida within 4 or 5 months and in less than a year going to buy a new 2300 HPS. I am going to want to test it myself before it leaves the factory and go over it with a fine tooth comb. If it’s not perfect I’m not taking delivery super simple. 

T/A,

You can arrange to go to the factory on Thursdays to check on your boat’s progress.
The big inspection can be done at your dealer before you pay the balance off. 
You can ask your dealer to provide a tech to wet test the boat with you. Put the first hour(s)on the engine, till you can jump on plane.  Turn on every pump and have them show you the boat & options you chose. 
Before Covid, that was SOP at my dealer.

Mod Marc. 

Just now, Moderator said:

T/A,

You can arrange to go to the factory on Thursdays to check on your boat’s progress.
The big inspection can be done at your dealer before you pay the balance off. 
You can ask your dealer to provide a tech to wet test the boat with you. Put the first hour(s)on the engine, till you can jump on plane.  Turn on every pump and have them show you the boat & options you chose. 
Before Covid, that was SOP at my dealer.

Mod Marc. 

Thanks who is the biggest bar none dealer in Florida? I’ll end up paying cash for the boat. 

2 minutes ago, Wanaflatsfish said:

Jupiter Area has Lindsey Marine....very reputable company....they sold my 2005 Pathfinder and my buddy bought a HPXV from them....had a few problems, like normal, and things were taken care of as agreed....

DC

Thanks problems can be expected it’s the resolution experience that matters the most! 

Tim's Marine in St Bernard La has been a great dealer in Louisiana, Inspect the boat from top to bottom & fit and finish. Wet test before delivery is a must. Don't accept it till all issues are satisfactory to your liking. The vendors Mavrick uses have been more than willing to assist if there is an issue with their product has been my experience. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...