Stop livewell from overflowing?

Foulhook

I have a Pathfinder that has that plastic panel that you put on after you screw in the drain pipe in the live well. With or without that plastic shield, I always get bait stuck on top of the drain pipe and then the livewell overflows. I have to constantly reach in there and clear it. Anyone have a solution? Not even sure why I bother with the plastic panel, it doesn’t seem to do anything since it has a gap at the top and bottom to let the bait in to the drain pipe.

My first Clear View Filter was the Regular. Did a good job and lasted north of five years. I think my factory stand pipe was 10 inch's and the Clear View being 12 inch's covered all the way down to the Black Grommet.

My current is what they call the   "Filter - Extra Large"   The Filter is 12 inch's long and comes with the  "Black Sleeve"  that slides over the stand pipe which makes it adjustable and easily removable.

That allowed me to use a slightly longer stand pipe and increase my live well capacity. I can now close the live well lid and run the live well nearly pressurized. Really helps the bait when running a long distance in a chop. 

I do NOT have the stand.  My stand pipe is the push in style and it stays in place just fine. It has never come out, but I do make sure it is pushed all the way down.

I do not use the factory shield

Hope this makes sense.

Filter Extra large.jpg

Stand Pipe 1.jpg

Stand Pipe.jpg