Rain Gear

rubble

Do your research and dont be afraid to spend a good chunk if you wanna be able to actually stand wearing it.  I went thru this about 5 years ago and spent 600 on HUK jacket and bib..... zero regrets.  The good stuff works by having pores too small for water molecules to pass thru but allows air molecules to exit for breathability (there are ratings for each).  This is key so its comfortable to even wear and not end up drenched in your own sweat.

Some info on this can be found here

https://www.evo.com/guides/outerwear-waterproof-ratings-and-breathability#how-breathability-ratings-are-determined

I travel alot and fish on several different boats , so a small , packable system works best for me .

People will say Gore Tex is out dated , but it works awesome .

Just like Fin said , very breathable .

My gear is at least 10 years old , and shows now signs of needing to be replaced .

I just open them up , and hang in closet , when not in use .

Would buy this again , in a heartbeat.

Mist be doing something right , if they are still selling it .

🇺🇸🏴‍☠️

50768F10-5EA2-43BE-9F17-22C11030D8A2.png

89625DB6-9679-47CC-B4E2-25C9D2D2C167.png

I still bank on Gortex.  Like The Outlaw, my BPS gear is super dry but it does get a bit toasty on warm days.  I've probably had it about 12-15 years.  I also have my Dad's gear which is about same age.  Keep one set in the boat and one in my work truck.  

I'm kind of looking for some lighter gear for warmer weather.  This coming week's weather in the ENP may not seem very warm to you guys (those 30s in Choko won't be) but for a short fat guy from up north, it's tropical!  Want more of a light breathable shell I can throw on if running or throwing a cast net and trying to stay dry.

6 minutes ago, rubble said:

I still bank on Gortex.  Like The Outlaw, my BPS gear is super dry but it does get a bit toasty on warm days.  I've probably had it about 12-15 years.  I also have my Dad's gear which is about same age.  Keep one set in the boat and one in my work truck.  

I'm kind of looking for some lighter gear for warmer weather.  This coming week's weather in the ENP may not seem very warm to you guys (those 30s in Choko won't be) but for a short fat guy from up north, it's tropical!  Want more of a light breathable shell I can throw on if running or throwing a cast net and trying to stay dry.

Not to start anything, but I also find Gor Tex too hot for summers in Florida. The aftco anhydrous is lighter and cooler. Not cheap, but excellent quality 

I have the Charter Jacket from Grundens, really lightweight and packable. My only complaint is I wish they would put neoprene at the cuffs to seal them up when you cinch it down. Other than that it is a fantastic warm weather rain jacket.

If anyone has a suggestion of a great cold weather jacket that stops the wind for running on those cold mornings I'm all ears!