Holy BATMAN Maverick HPX 18 - $98K at Naples Boat Show for 18 HPX ???

Wanaflatsfish

If you go to a boat show, you will see insanity. Incredible increases in base prices in the past 8 months.  By all manufacturers.  Lots of display boats without motors.. 

It would be interesting to hear that perspective.. You wonder which parts can’t be obtained and what alternatives they are having to choose. We know about the motor supply, or lack thereof. 
No politics.. Please. 
MM

Me looking at this forum is getting to be about like me looking at private jets……..what’s the point anymore.   They are beyond luxury items now.  These boats used to be for serious fishermen.  Now they are only for rich people that may or may not know what they are doing on the water.  

Would interesting to know what percentage of the boats sold in a year are replacements for stolen and weather (hurricanes, etc) damaged boats. Not saying it has anything to do with the current inflated prices, just curious as it would be a better indicator of new boat owners.

Perfect storm right now with high demand due to staycations and supply shortages, the next significant economic downturn could prove to be really interesting on how the boat and rv industries fair.

Who ARE these people?   Dude, I'm a dad of 5 kids and we budget every penny just to keep food on the table (literally).   We just bought a pig last year and now a quarter cow to try to hedge against rising food prices.

Blowing almost 300K on a new boat that you get to use occassionally . . . I'm not envious, but who are these people???

Scott Deal sold the company a couple years ago.  The prices have only spiked in the last year or so.. Motors and fiberglass products have contributed significantly to the boat prices. All the boatbuilders are scrambling to meet cost increases. 
None of us are complaining about selling our boats for more than we paid for them.. Thank you Scott and Skip !!

I find myself sounding like my parents when they got older: I remember when gas was 29 cents a gallon. (1972) 

MM