Riptide Ulterra Control Head Issue

rubble

Have any of you run into an issue with the spot lock function where the direction of the motor when rotating gets stuck in one position and then kicks off?  What the motor is doing is when it's turning counter clock wise (never does it rotating clock wise) the motor kind of gets stuck in the 2 o'clock position.  It will keep trying to turn left but if you aren't able to use your hand to assist it in rotating, it just goes into fault mode.

I dropped off at Tiki Watersports in Key Largo.  The tech looked at it and said nothing is wrong with it.  Said he just re-synced and it worked fine.  When I told him again that it was faulting in spot-lock due to getting hung up in rotation, he said that was a control head issue.  He called back and said that the unit would not go into spot lock because it wasn't locating the GPS.  I asked if that had anything to do with not being connected to the puck and he said "I didn't think of that."  Now I'm thinking Uh-oh!  Does this guy know what he's doing?  They are listed on MK's site as a reputable service location so I kind of trusted that. 

Anyway, he said he was replacing the motor housing(?) which meant that the old remote would no longer work so I had to get a new remote as well.  Has anyone else run into that?  I don't have an issue with that.  Just verifying that it's somewhat common?  My Ulterra is a 2016 model or at least I purchased in 2016.  I think the models changed beginning in 2017.

On 1/22/2022 at 7:10 AM, Bamaskeet said:

Shouldn’t  your old remote pair with your new unit.

I asked if I could just pair the old remote and he said that the new control head was not compatible with the old remote and if I recall correctly, when I ordered my TM it was the last model that was before some updates to hardware and software.  The next model got a new remote so I felt like what he was telling me was legit.  If that’s the case, I’ll have a nearly new older version remote for sale.