In the Market for an upgrade to my 2000V

rubble

I've had my 2006 Pathfinder 2000V since 2007.   Love the boat but I'm to the point that I will be spending more time with more people on board and possibly in some bigger water but I don't want to give up the ability to still get in the shallower backwaters.  Wife wants me to trade for a pontoon but I'm just not there.  I think a larger CC with more room/comfort and maybe a T-Top would help satisfy that itch for her.  The majority of the use will be for fishing and will be lakes, rivers and inshore/backwater.  I also want to be able to get offshore from time to time to hit some humps in the gulf or get to the ledges off the Keys as well as possibly doing some diving around the reefs.  It seems like the 2500 Hybrid checks most of the boxes.  Are any of the other models (2400 or 2600) as versatile or offer something maybe I haven't considered?  

Looking at some “Fish Pics” and wondering if the floor on the 2500 is below the waterline or above.  The pics may be deceiving but looks like in a few that the lower deck is below the water line.  I have that issue with the 2000v which sometimes causes water to stand until we get under way.  

Rubble

The deck of the 2500 hybrid is above the water and drains very well. I upgraded my 2006 2200 TE to a 2021 2500 Hybrid and all I can say is that the 2500 exceeded my expectation in ride quality and provides a dry ride even in sloppy conditions. There is ample storage on the 2500 so it will definitely also work well as a family boat. I think you and your family would be happy with a 2500. 

21 hours ago, reelhooked said:

Rubble

The deck of the 2500 hybrid is above the water and drains very well. I upgraded my 2006 2200 TE to a 2021 2500 Hybrid and all I can say is that the 2500 exceeded my expectation in ride quality and provides a dry ride even in sloppy conditions. There is ample storage on the 2500 so it will definitely also work well as a family boat. I think you and your family would be happy with a 2500. 

I did the same thing that reelhooked did, traded my 2200V for a 2500.  I agree with everything reelhooked said along with how impressed I’ve been with how shallow it will run.  There are very few places I can’t run or float comparing my 2200V with my 2500.

9 hours ago, Bamaskeet said:

I did the same thing that reelhooked did, traded my 2200V for a 2500.  I agree with everything reelhooked said along with how impressed I’ve been with how shallow it will run.  There are very few places I can’t run or float comparing my 2200V with my 2500.

Our previous discussion has me sold on the 2500.  Looking to see if there is any reason to consider other models.  Saw some impressive videos on the 2400HPS and not sure how it stacks up to the 2500.  Reading the specs on PF's www, looks like just minor differences in specs.  Decent gap in starting prices and budget is a key factor. 

PathyCompare.jpg