Powder coated T-top mounting plate starting to show some "bubbling"

reelhooked

I recently noticed some "bubbling" around the mounting screws on T top mounting plates. The boat is less than a year old, but the bubbling was not un-expected as the T top movement will put stress on the mounting pads and stress the powder coat, even with the plastic washers. I have always cleaned this area well after each trip, trying to avoid this issue.

I was wondering if there is anything that I can apply at this time trying to slow down the bubbling. I assume that this is not uncommon situation with a hardtop.

.IMG_2763.thumb.jpg.cac29add84bd3120b845e0c3a1e39371.jpgIMG_2764.thumb.jpg.bf005292ff6d1e4eb2b3388b4b898372.jpg

Any suggestions or recommendations will be appreciated

It might still be under warranty if it's that new.  If it is you have to take it to them and they'll unrig it and re coat it.  It would be spring before they can fit you in.  I'm going through something right now, not the same, but similar.  If you don't want to go through that mess you can pull those screws out and buff the bad places with a tiny die grinder and prime it and match with paint.  Seal it and use plastic washers again.  No one will probably notice and it will hold it off for a long while.

• Like 1