Bear Invasion

SCFD rtrd.

Not fish, but worth sharing. We've had a lot of Bear activity in the last month or so. We had a smaller Bear about a month ago, but this one is full grown. He decided to break down our Banana tree and started eating the trunk. He didn't want the Bananas that were still green, but he made a meal out of the trunk. Before he left, he took a stroll out on our dock. 

The Bear standing up and eating out of the bird feeder is the young Bear, a little over 5 ft. tall. 

Resized_20211103_221941.jpeg

Resized_20211103_222339(1).jpeg

Steve, my wife has lived in Florida since the day she was born in 1965. She swears to this day that there are no bears in  Florida, she has heard people say there are, but she has never seen one. We have been around this state, camped in the everglades for years, North Florida, went to Georgia, Tennessee, and North/South Carolina, off roading in the mountains, been everywhere where bears are supposed to be, yet alas, no bears!

Moral to this story, you want the bears gone, I will send the wife up, just provide her a lounge chair, set it up in the back yard and as long as she is there, the bears won't be either! However if the do show up while she is there, its a win for me.....and her!👍

I sent her you're pictures but that didn't help, until she sees one with her own eyes nothing is going to work!

I posted in the S/W forum, but I live in Maitland, Fl., just north of Orlando. We've had Bears for the last 30 years or so. The largest known Florida bear was captured about 5 miles north of my home ( 760 lbs.) The capture was because there were several attacks on people in the Wekiva River area. They are big, very sneaky, very quiet and have no fear of humans. Maybe that's why your boss lady has never seen one. I walked right up on a large bear, while taking the trash out to the garbage can one night. He didn't bugle, he just looked at me, I slowly retreated. They also tear stuff up (like our 30 year old banana tree). We use to have stock wire fences, but the bears eventually crushed them down, so had to replace with chain link. Central Fla. has not stopped building since Disney moved in and they are taking all the bears habitat. Can't blame a bear for looking for something to eat, but they are a pain in my azz. I'll send your boss lady more bear pics and a good video of one climbing the fences.  

• 2 weeks later...