Boring !

flatsdoctor

I went out 2 weekends ago from Spring Creek to Estero Bay. Just to run the engine and scout while on my way to rescue my wife, (she goes too far with the paddle board sometimes, knowing i'm coming to rescue her) 

Water was nice, no red tide and noticed good bait in the sea grass,  no predators biting.

However Patty states seeing from the paddle board nice snooks and reds on the shorelines and  a nice big school of big bull reds on thr middle of the bay. Like we used to see years ago

9B082C7A-4A13-49CD-8045-D55218276AFC.thumb.jpeg.02cd19cbf29bcf7bfebd19802c192d51.jpeg

I fish down there quite often, from Boca Grande, south to Marco.

Fished the first weekend of October, Friday through Monday, and the Redfish, Snook, and Trout were thick. Plenty of perfect size bait, and not a lot of pressure....................hopefully I didn't just jinx it. 😁

Went out today for a short while to run the boat and try the new batteries for the TM

Amazing what new batteries do to the performance of the TM... lasted the whole day and 17 HPXT was on plane with the TM on 10.

Fishing was fun but no big ones. Bunch of small snappers, puffers, a cat fish, some lady fish and a small red. 

Water looked good, bunch of bait but no predators hitting. No signs of Red Tide. 

On 10/24/2021 at 5:08 PM, flatsdoctor said:

Went out today for a short while to run the boat and try the new batteries for the TM

Amazing what new batteries do to the performance of the TM... lasted the whole day and 17 HPXT was on plane with the TM on 10.

Fishing was fun but no big ones. Bunch of small snappers, puffers, a cat fish, some lady fish and a small red. 

Water looked good, bunch of bait but no predators hitting. No signs of Red Tide. 

nice day......

dc

Boring would be correct. Fin-addict keeps the cob webs off the S/W forum. I have fished Englewood and Placida for over 40 years and have never seen so few fish. The Red Tide in 2017, 18 and 2019 killed or ran off most of the game fish. We just started to see the fish return in the spring of 2021, then we experienced another Red Tide that still persist in some areas of S/W Fl. Although, not nearly as bad as the previous R.T., the fish still left the area. Last week we saw some large Snook start to return to their normal spots. So, hopefully things will slowly return to normal. 

• 2 months later...

I would probably lurk and post more in this forum if I were headed that way or actually there.  Would love to relocate to that area and become a regular contributor.  Know anyone looking for a 50 something guy to help manage and lead operations of any business (preferably related to fishing or the water although my background is Construction and more specifically Roofing) that would pay enough to live comfortably in SWFL and allow plenty of free time to fish and provide content for here?  Ha.  Would be the Fantastic!  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rubble said:

I would probably lurk and post more in this forum if I were headed that way or actually there.  Would love to relocate to that area and become a regular contributor.  Know anyone looking for a 50 something guy to help manage and lead operations of any business (preferably related to fishing or the water although my background is Construction and more specifically Roofing) that would pay enough to live comfortably in SWFL and allow plenty of free time to fish and provide content for here?  Ha.  Would be the Fantastic!  

Lots of constructions jobs down here. Roofing included, move down. 😀👍

• 3 months later...