oak hill mosquito lagoon fish camp

jaco2

51 minutes ago, jaco2 said:

heading there for a week the first of november. any body have any tips or experience with that area? looks pretty good up there.

That is funny, my wife and I were researching the same place on Sunday on the way back from Steinhatchee. It looks pretty good. We may go about the same time.

I've stayed at Brian's camp several times.  Its a nice change of pace, slow.  Goodrich's Seafood is walking distance and is worth it.  Fish can be found just on about any grass flat, take the time to pole if you can along the edges of a bar with grass and you should find them.  Directly east of the camp is good and several spots on the Top Spots maps will point you in the right direction to find known fishing spots.  

• Thanks 1

My wife and I and maybe my two labradoodles will be there the 4th through the 7th if you are still there then. We will be in the “Trout” unit. Hopefully the weather will hold up. I will be in my 16 foot Redfisher with a PRoXS Merc 115 on the back. Never I shed this area  before so would love some advice.