Another stupid question

DavidG

I’m planing on a fishing trip for my son and I on the Gulf side big bend area. Where would you recommend for a 18 ft Redfisher where you have a wide variety of different fish? As well as conditions for my boat? I’m definitely looking at safety first, fish second. I appreciate all and any recommendations 

Steinhatchee or Keaton Beach are both great fishing and your boat would be perfect for either. Both have a decent channel to get out to the flats just be careful in close on low tide, this area is full of oyster bars and lime rocks. Keaton would be the safest place. Water is usually gin clear when it’s not raining buckets like it has lately. 

What time of year are you planning?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Miss Jazzy said:

Steinhatchee or Keaton Beach are both great fishing and your boat would be perfect for either. Both have a decent channel to get out to the flats just be careful in close on low tide, this area is full of oyster bars and lime rocks. Keaton would be the safest place. Water is usually gin clear when it’s not raining buckets like it has lately. 

What time of year are you planning?

Planning for around the beginning of October 

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/7/2021 at 3:47 PM, DavidG said:

I’m planing on a fishing trip for my son and I on the Gulf side big bend area. Where would you recommend for a 18 ft Redfisher where you have a wide variety of different fish? As well as conditions for my boat? I’m definitely looking at safety first, fish second. I appreciate all and any recommendations 

Email me and ill send you a number for inshore. smoak352@gmail.com