04 2200TE throttle cable length

smilemaker

2 hours ago, smilemaker said:

Miss Jazzy

Same hull different cap  but the length should be  the same.

As mentioned  too long is workable within reason but too short is  no go.

The printed end must be at the motor so can't tell until pulled but would like the  parts here beforehand. 

Yes exactly! What exactly is your issue? Reason I ask is I found out that the cable was not my only problem. After my boat would set up for a little while my binnacle would become almost impossible to move. But after I broke it loose it would work fine for that day of fishing.  The throttle cable was bad but also the shift rod that runs to the lower is also seizing up. That means power head has to be pulled and new bushings replaced. Ugh!!! That will not happen until it completely quits working. Lol 

On 8/31/2021 at 4:27 PM, smilemaker said:

'll  do it myself so at just over 100 bucks for the  2 cables it should be an easy job.

Never an easy job (LOL)....when you disassemble the binnacle..take pictures and mark what cable goes to what cable.....ask me why I know this :)

pulling the snake and running it through your engine rigging tube is a bit of a challenge....get lots of dawn dishing soap and some strong gorilla tape to pull it through the chase....using curse words is optional :)

dc