LT18 seat hardware question

SaltySouth

Ok, so it was not a total disaster.  However, these hinges are not a perfect match.  This hinge puts the hatch an inch forward.  If you are going to replace one, you’ll have to replace both. Otherwise it will sit crooked. The bolts on the bottom of the hinge go through an aluminum backing plate which have been corroding for over 20 years.  I had to drill out the bolt heads to remove the old hinge.

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, jim33042 said:

Is the hinge set up [large enough] so you could drill holes for the correct placement?

Close enough! I drilled all new holes and replaced the hinge on the other side so it wouldn’t be crooked.  The flip up seat is functional but it is 1/2 to 3/4” forward of where it should be.  I think I’m done with that part of the project. Moving in to seadek and a few odds and ends 😀.

7E3DF550-B132-4006-ACCA-1892A2178380.jpeg

896D4F5C-FBD2-446B-B433-0FE3827AFC17.jpeg

• 9 months later...

I must not have sat on the seat before I said I was done.  With the back lip of the seat not being supported by the hull (see in pics) the seat bows and makes awful cracking noises.  I’ll try cutting the hinges back a bit to see if I can move the seat back to the original placement.  If that doesn’t work, I think I’ll try and build a whole new set up with coosa!

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/24/2022 at 10:23 AM, SaltySouth said:

I must not have sat on the seat before I said I was done.  With the back lip of the seat not being supported by the hull (see in pics) the seat bows and makes awful cracking noises.  I’ll try cutting the hinges back a bit to see if I can move the seat back to the original placement.  If that doesn’t work, I think I’ll try and build a whole new set up with coosa!

My bench seat is like this, bowed and cracked on the front lip of the seat. Sounds awful whenever someone steps on it. 

Can you please provide details on your coosa replacement if you do it?  I may have to do this same project over the winter, especially if I get the cushion for the bench that I'm planning on.