2007 Battery Relocation Performance Question

Aaron Hommel

I have a 2007 HPX T that I am in the middle of upgrading.  It was in amazing shape when I bought it from the original owner, but time and salt eventually get everything.  I replaced the batteries under the console with the same Odyssey PC925 high performance AGM deep cycle and the smaller one for the cranking.   I am able to get everything comfortable under the console with room left for my personal belongings.  However, I saw people talking about this battery relocation to the bow and it got me to thinking how the would affect the performance. I fish by myself 99% of the time on the pole.  So to avoid transom squat, I put my yeti on the deck.  This may help me not having to do that, but what about when I have someone on the casting platform?  Can anyone give me some insight or advice on this?  My model is the one with the starboard over the fuel tank.  I have to say, it is definitely solid.

For clarification, what you are looking at is the starboard "partial skeleton" I. built to support the console better and allow for a better place to mount accessories.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Aaron

IMG_7264.HEIC

Went thru your exercise with my HPXS. Bow weight helps a lot if you are by yourself on the pole so I sure would consider moving one up front. In my case we are almost always 2, 1 forward and one aft. All three of my batteries are in the console with a total weight of 120#. Waiting for fedex right now for 2 lithium batteries 14# each. When I pulled one of the current AGMs out of the boat I had no more stern squat and the boat ran 2-3 mph faster at almost any rpm. 
I hope some of this helps you,