First of all, I am sorry that I don't have pictures.  When the wife stays home, it is just not a priority.

The morning started out great, at the ramp at 7:00 a.m. and the bugs were bad.  After parking the truck, they pretty much carried me to the boat.  My crocodile buddy was sitting on the ramp so that was fun looking over my shoulder while launching. lol  That boy/girl is fed well, that's all I have to say.  So we headed up Joe and out Shark to fish the falling tide.  On the 2nd cast, a snook came to the boat.  It was small but what's the saying?  "They are all good, just some better then others".  A few lady fish and catfish later, we decided to move.  On the way to another spot, I stopped at a stump and pulled a hand full of snapper out.  YUMMY!  I then fished a rea I ended up really liking.  There was 3-4 canals dumping out and the life there was great.  Caught my biggest snook to date there on a mirror 19MR which was exciting.  Not slot but just under and fun!  A few cast later, the third snook came to the boat but on the smaller side.  It did start to rain which cooled us off but didn't want to sit in the rain for long so I moved.  Hit a few more spots I thought looked fishy but nada.  All in all, a great trip and best part was the fact we only saw 2 boats all day.  Until the next trip, tight lines all.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, THE OUTLAW said:

We did not see a boat all day Sat and drove 105 miles .

Thinkin the mini season had everyone in the keys .

That crock has been there forever .

Prolly as old as I feel .

Keep on keepin on , and success will follow .

🇺🇸🏴‍☠️

I have a buddy that went to the Keys to fish on a head boat that Saturday. The got back at the dock at 1:00 p.m. and he didn't get out of the Keys until 6:00 p.m.

The traffic was that bad coming out because of Mini season.

On 8/2/2021 at 10:43 AM, SeaSerpent123 said:

First of all, I am sorry that I don't have pictures.  When the wife stays home, it is just not a priority.

The morning started out great, at the ramp at 7:00 a.m. and the bugs were bad.  After parking the truck, they pretty much carried me to the boat.  My crocodile buddy was sitting on the ramp so that was fun looking over my shoulder while launching. lol  That boy/girl is fed well, that's all I have to say.  So we headed up Joe and out Shark to fish the falling tide.  On the 2nd cast, a snook came to the boat.  It was small but what's the saying?  "They are all good, just some better then others".  A few lady fish and catfish later, we decided to move.  On the way to another spot, I stopped at a stump and pulled a hand full of snapper out.  YUMMY!  I then fished a rea I ended up really liking.  There was 3-4 canals dumping out and the life there was great.  Caught my biggest snook to date there on a mirror 19MR which was exciting.  Not slot but just under and fun!  A few cast later, the third snook came to the boat but on the smaller side.  It did start to rain which cooled us off but didn't want to sit in the rain for long so I moved.  Hit a few more spots I thought looked fishy but nada.  All in all, a great trip and best part was the fact we only saw 2 boats all day.  Until the next trip, tight lines all.

Sea...

I will tell you, on Saturday, I wanted to run the Ghost to check out the over-heating....all solved, with COTO.....

We were at Chokoloskee at 0600, boat in the water at 615am..we had a second cup of coffee and wait for light to run the S curve and head out...there were maybe 6 boats at the ramp...so, I thought, should be a good day.....

I was excited....a week after the full moon disaster of the previous week with Mike.....4 foot tide....outgoing.....hooraaah....

By 0730, we had moved 6 times without a strike......oh, I'm sorry, one ladyfish...who I think was lost.....and the boat parade had started

Move farther out front...by 0830 we had moved 9 times and had been fan casting every spot....9 O'clock, 10,,11,12,1,2,3 long and short....swimming gulp, paddle tail, topwater, popping corks, spoons, NADA....

We moved around the Chatham area and by 1030 we saw the boat parade heading North and into Storter.....We moved to a spot in Storter that ALWAYS produces....NADA....we tried Pink, clear, chartreuse with no use !!!

By 1115, we made the call....inside Storter we saw 12 boats....

Put the binnacle down and we ran her home at 5100 rpms - 36 mph....

IT WAS MY FIRST TIME IN NEARLY 18 YEARS of fishing Chokoloskee.....NADA....not a snook for either COTO or me....one catfish on the lady chunk...not a snook strike, not a trout strike, not a redfish strike.....

Sounds like the bite was not happening.....NOW, the day before....Big Dave and Mike killed them and when I went by a guy in the Chatham River entrance I yelled out....."Bro, how's the bite? " He said, "Nada"....he was fishing hard in a ECC so I knew he was serious....and he said, should have bee here "yesterday"....

So, sounds like the bite was not on...it's TOW - time on water.....in any case, I will just blame COTO...it's easier that way :)

We counted almost 40 trailers at the ramp when we left....I think, the bite was not on, but, I DON'T THINK THE AMOUNT OF BOATS, NOISE, ETC. IS HELPING....Maybe time to start fishing Fridays...

DC

• Like 2