Insanity is doing the same thing over and over with the same bad result - I must be insane ? No, a fisherman :)

So,

August 3rd I need to get some kidney stones removed.....yeah, and up the uretheria grab and go for a few of them.....no fun, been there done that....

So, I call my buddy Mike S and we decide to go...I wanted to run the skiff one more time before I went under the scope....

Well, what are all the things that you DON'T do in Chokoloskee ?

1.) Blows from the West - stay home and rest

2.) Full Moon - stay home and sleep till noon

3.) 70% chance of thunderstorms - stay home and watch it rain...

Therefore, what insane fisherman would go?  We did....but, it's about the adventure....

Morning bite in the back was good for Mike...he was throwing his secret lures and catching snooklets......Mike 8 - Dino zero (yep, kept throwing my white DOA shrimp - "insanity again"

Afternoon, we tried to go out front...wind was howling from the West....incoming tide was up over the mangroves by the first 1 hour of the tide....ok, that was not the right move - "insanity again"

By 1100 massive thunder bangers building....we ran back to Chokoloskee as we saw miles of thunderstorms building.....ok, "more insanity" :)

On the water at 0630 - off by 1230.....home by 3pm - but, you know what...it was about the company - (and the empanadas and sandwiches he brought ) :)

Great day with a friend I had not fished with in a while....he got his first ride in  a MA17 and we had a great time....the fish are always a bonus...lots of fun stories and lies about secret spots and days of fish lost.

The Holy Ghost is at Maximum Marine in Pompano getting a cleaning of the water jackets....

Not a great bite...but, great company !!! 

Until the next time 

DC

• Like 4