Live well Lid Sticking

Ksvjr

I have a 2018 Pathfinder 2500 Hybrid.  The lid on my center live well sticks, seems to be out of alignment, catching on front edge.  I’ve tried adjusting hinges, but there is no real adjustment.  Any help or ideas?  Is this covered by Pathfinder warranty?

• 2 weeks later...

Mine has done the same thing.  Hinges are tight although the friction has faded and the lid will no longer stay upright while open.  I finally got fed up with it and took a file and filed off a bit of glass on the leading edge where it was contacting the surrounding top cap and now the lid closes and opens much easier.  And for the friction-less hinges, rather than replacing again and again, I took an old motorcycle tie down strap and mounted it to the lid and under the lip of the live well so that the lid will not fall all the way back and open.  Issue handled....Pictures attached

1 hour ago, SCFD rtrd. said:

Check the screws in the hinges. They have a habit of working loose, which will cause the lid to bind. If this is the problem, use some 3M-4200 (not 5200) to keep the screws from backing out. 

IMG_1989.jpeg

IMG_1990.jpeg

IMG_1991.jpeg

IMG_1992.jpeg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, pbspecial said:

Mine has done the same thing.  Hinges are tight although the friction has faded and the lid will no longer stay upright while open.  I finally got fed up with it and took a file and filed off a bit of glass on the leading edge where it was contacting the surrounding top cap and now the lid closes and opens much easier.  And for the friction-less hinges, rather than replacing again and again, I took an old motorcycle tie down strap and mounted it to the lid and under the lip of the live well so that the lid will not fall all the way back and open.  Issue handled....Pictures attached

IMG_1989.jpeg

IMG_1990.jpeg

IMG_1991.jpeg

IMG_1992.jpeg

Good thinking ! 👍🎣

16 hours ago, SCFD rtrd. said:

pbspecial, that's funny. I did the same thing (used strap) to hold my live-well lid open. Great minds think alike.  

That's the way all the older models worked. Easy enough to replace a strap when they wear out. Keep it simple. I have had several sets of the new friction hinges wear out. Not worth replacing.