RF18 Gas Tank Capacity

knotthereelworld

So my 2003 RF 18 supposedly has a fuel capacity of 31 gallons. Yesterday I ran out of gas on the water. I refilled and it was 37 gallons. Rarely do I ever have to completely fill it up from emtpy, but previous large refills in the past 3 years since I've owned it have been 35, 36 and 36 gallons. 

Is my tank actually 36 gallons?

I have a hard time believing gas stations are screwing me out of that much gas with an incorrect pump reading. 

On 7/7/2021 at 11:35 AM, knotthereelworld said:

So my 2003 RF 18 supposedly has a fuel capacity of 31 gallons. Yesterday I ran out of gas on the water. I refilled and it was 37 gallons. Rarely do I ever have to completely fill it up from emtpy, but previous large refills in the past 3 years since I've owned it have been 35, 36 and 36 gallons. 

Is my tank actually 36 gallons?

I have a hard time believing gas stations are screwing me out of that much gas with an incorrect pump reading. 

youve had 37, 35,36&36 gallon fills! I too like to live dangerously(joking ofcourse). That is running it dry for sure, my 2000 LightTackle(turned into Redfisher the next year) has a 40 gal tank.  Not sure if it changed between those years as that is when 4 strokes started coming out. 

23 hours ago, Shallowminded6 said:

youve had 37, 35,36&36 gallon fills! I too like to live dangerously(joking ofcourse). That is running it dry for sure, my 2000 LightTackle(turned into Redfisher the next year) has a 40 gal tank.  Not sure if it changed between those years as that is when 4 strokes started coming out. 

LOL. I do live dangerously since my fuel gauge doesn't work. 40 gallon tank would explain it if that's the case....

• Like 1

On 7/8/2021 at 4:42 PM, knotthereelworld said:

LOL. I do live dangerously since my fuel gauge doesn't work. 40 gallon tank would explain it if that's the case....

I have the same 40 gal tank on a 2000 18 bay fisher.  The tank was 7 1/2” deep.  I recently replaced with a 6 1/2” reed style sender.  Easy replacement.  Access panel was at floor bottom of console.

KUS USA SSS Fuel & Water Level Sensor https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00Y831JPA/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_api_glt_fabc_WCFBN7F3K14Z802KKTB6?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

On 7/10/2021 at 8:49 AM, jim33042 said:

I have the same 40 gal tank on a 2000 18 bay fisher.  The tank was 7 1/2” deep.  I recently replaced with a 6 1/2” reed style sender.  Easy replacement.  Access panel was at floor bottom of console.

KUS USA SSS Fuel & Water Level Sensor https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00Y831JPA/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_api_glt_fabc_WCFBN7F3K14Z802KKTB6?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Awesome, thank you!

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On 10/11/2021 at 12:26 PM, Fsu11 said:

I have an 01 redfisher 18 and i always thought i had a 30 gallon tank but now im wondering if its not actually 40 gallons, i never would see the fuel gauge drop until i started to burn 15-20 gallons  and thought it was way off but maybe it does have a 40 gallon......

reached out to Skip Lyshon and my 2001 redfisher 18 indeed does have a 40 gallon tank it all makes sense now.

• 2 months later...