Seat Installation Help Tempress/Attwood - 2007 21 Redfisher

FishnChips

I have a 2007 21' Redfisher with the flip up bench seat.  I'm considering adding 2-3 folding chair style seats, like Tempress or Attwood.  I called Tempress and told them my plan and they discouraged me from using their quick release mounts for safety reasons (apparently breaking off at speed and losing a passenger?).  I had never heard of that and have seen folks use them on the 21 RF, it there a different mount being used?

A couple quick questions for the forum...

• can anyone recommend a seat / mount combination?
  • As far as install, are the bench cushions kept on and bench just folded and snapped down, seats mounted on top?  I would imagine they'd get moldy if not flipped up once and a while, but assume they need to be there to help support the weight of the seats/bodies on the folded down bench?  Any help here would be appreciated.
  • I am imaging removing the back rest bench cushion, attaching the mounts/chairs, putting the back rest cushion back on, closing the bench, snapping it down, sitting in the new seats and hauling off to catch some fish...does that sound right?
  • can anyone speak to the benefits of 2 vs. 3 seats?  I usually fish alone or with one other guy.  Thought 2 seats would enable easier access to back deck when hooked up or fishing off the back.  3 would make sense because there'd be seating for 4 adults for the one time every 3 years there are 4 people on board.

Thanks for your help!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 7/4/2021 at 3:29 PM, FishnChips said:

I called Tempress and told them my plan and they discouraged me from using their quick release mounts for safety reasons (apparently breaking off at speed and losing a passenger?).  I had never heard of that and have seen folks use them on the 21 RF, it there a different mount being used?

There are many tempress quick release seats on skiffs all over......I had them on my Pathfinder 22, 17, and my MA17...NEVER HAD A PROBLEM....now, I don't run at 50mph +...check with Mangrovin on the forum...he has them his skiff.

dc