Sad day yesterday on the water.  Launched out of American Legion 138 in Old Tampa Bay.  Just south of highway 92 (Gandy bridge).  Noticed a few dead fish, mostly cats and a couple of pinfish.

Ran over to Weedon Island and while crossing the bay saw a bunch of dead fish, thousands!  Once at Weedon it smelled and there were dead fish everywhere.

Ran around MacDill AFB and again, scores of dead fish everywhere, thousands of 'em.  Tried to fish in Hillsborough Bay and finally called it quits, again thousands of dead fish.

I've lived on Davis Islands for the past 21 years and have never seen a fish kill around me.  Yesterday was by far, the worst I've seen anywhere.

Very sad!

• Sad 1
26 minutes ago, Capt. Troy said:

Dead fish all over all the way up into the Apollo beach canals.

Thanks for the update . I was hoping that the news was exaggerating. Boats been hitting since the hurricane/ storm visited us . 

It’s worse than 2018, that spill must have had something to do with it.  Caught a couple nice mangrove snappers at the skyway and when I got back to the marina to filet them soon as I cut into them they smelled terrible. 

And yet every single person moaning and groaning about this will continue to vote for the same people who allow it to happen. CCA, Captains for Clean Water, Bonefish & Tarpon Trust, etc, - they all put the same people into office, election after election. Who’s in control in the Governor’s Office, Florida Senate and Florida House for the past 20 years? Right.