2600 TRS cooler

jmcred24

I have a 2600 TRS 2019 and my only negative on the boat is the built in center console seat cooler. for the life of me I can not get the ice from melting. Tried everything...cooling down bf putting in cold cans and minimal cans, putting in frozen blocks and full bags unopened, dry ice on bottom and even tin foil on the bottom. all of it melts in an hour. Any others have issues or tried to install a yeti somewhere else on the boat w any pics?

If you are talking about the fiberglass cooler that you can get from Pathfinder....I find it interesting that yours does not hold Ice.  Once mine gets cold, it holds ice better than any Yeti I have.  Fill it with Ice and drinks and mine keeps things cold for days....I fill mine with Ice at the end of the weekend, put the boat back in dry storage, and five days later the drinks are still cold...

My fiberglass Cooler stays holds ice well.. I usually stack the drinks and fill with ice. Pre cool if possible. Fill with ice around the drinks leaving enough room on top for  Samiches and such. I do drain the water if I have the chance to pre cool. Also put in cold drinks not hot drinks. That many hot beverages will melt all your ice in any cooler. 

• 2 months later...

When you say built-in cooler, do you mean it's part of the console? I had a Bay boat years ago that had a seat/cooler as part of the console (in front of the console). I determined that it was not insulated. Gained access to the cooler from inside the console and filled the void between the inner and outer layers with non-expanding foam. It worked.