Looking for info on my 1967 Maverick Speed Boat

Hmmm - I don't think that's a related brand.   The original Maverick hull was a Berg hull.  It was (I think?) a speed boat hull originally, but very different lines.   I'll let others chime in if they know differently.

• 1 month later...

There was a write up with Scott Deal, a question and answer conversion that went way back into the history of Skiffs and I think I read that there was a California speed boat maker that was commissioned to build hulls for use as fishing Skiffs. If my memory serves,  I thought that was were Scott got the Name. I can not remember where I ran across that Article but it was not to long ago.

Deal:  The original Maverick was built by a guy named Wally Cole out of Miami. He built a racing boat. Originally, it was an inboard racing boat which was a modified version of the California drag boat called the Maverick.

My memory was a little off, but if you want to know the history of Scott Deal's Maverick boats and Skiffs in general, this is right from the horses mouth.