2007 Hewes 16 Redfisher Yamaha 90 2-Stroke Questions

NicResch

I have not, but I am actually taking my 16 redfisher in to have the rod tubes fixed. I assume they will have to cut an access hatch into each side of the front storage compartment. There is no way to do it from the anchor hatch. I will report back on how they did the repair when I get it back in a week. 

For the carpet, a lot of people replace with seadeck or a similar product. I have the old retro Hewes carpet and I think it looks awesome!

• 1 year later...

They worked out really well. I actually found the oem rod flanges, you have to order them from a hewes dealer, I got mine through tuppens in lake worth. In terms of the install, the shop did cut access hatches in my front hatch to get access to the tubes. They function perfect, but if im being honest, the shop that did it was lazy with the flanges and could of did the install much cleaner. Hope this helps

"Coop" My 18 Redfisher flanges are also broken around the face and need replacement. I wonder if you could post pictures of your completed flanges. Interested in whether screws were used on the face, or are they secured with adhesive? Were the other ends of tubes secured to reduce bounce and vibration? You mentioned "the shop". So I don't make the same mistakes, what could shop have done better? Thanks for any help you can offer. 

No screws used on the face. They fit tight/flush into the hole in the bulkhead, and connect to the rod tube via adhesive on the other side. Here is a picture of the flange, go to the last post and you will see the part. It has an extended lip that gives the tubes enough to attach to.

The tubes are not attached to anything or braced at all from the factory. I think that's inevitably why so many break off from bouncing around. I think they ended up wrapping them in some zip ties to brace them against each other to try and add support. 

I think it can be tricky to get the angle of the flange perfectly straight, that and just excess adhesive etc..are my complaints about the install. Function is perfect but I went through a lot to try and figure out the "oem" parts to keep it clean. I got over it quick lol