Mothers Day Weekend trip

MWoods

Four members went to Breezy Palms for a long weekend trip. 
The weather cooperated for a change.  SWilson put his Ladies’ team on plenty of fish at East Cape and the banks two days throwing jigs. Dblplay went solo on his Grail search for Tarpons on the fly.  He had shots but the fish just sniffed the fly and passed.  Boat traffic was horrendous as usual.. 

Jeremy J was on a Bonefish/Permit mission in his 22 TRS with a TTop.. He didn’t get Bonefish shots this trip, but had Permit schools pass by and decline his crabs too. He needs to train his crabs better on the next trip.  He also was without his son, his lucky charm.. 

We shot offshore two days and had scattered weed.. The birds didn’t help much either. We caught a lot of small Mahi but didn’t find the big fish that push through this time of year.. 

We all had a spectacular time together and mixed in lunch trips, happy hour bars on the water and some sandbar fun. 

Next trip will be The first week + of July.  Any of you going down to Islamorada that week, give me a PM and we can include you in some fun or learning the area. Out of 7 boats that week, you can hook up and follow one of us to the places you want to learn.. 

Woodsie

6F500B8B-1659-45D4-9F97-6061E2BD1588.jpeg

• Like 1

What’s good that week?  We may be there week before 4th or week after 4th.  Would love to tag along or follow someone to the sacred grounds.  Or just get some tips.  I’m either going to pull my Pathfinder down or cabbage on a family MA21 that is just down the street from the Breezy.  

I actually sent them an email earlier today to check on accommodations.  Wife wasn’t so excited about the idea.  She’s thinking more like a Four Seasons Resort. HA. 

Rubble, all the fishing can be good depending on the winds. Calm days, you can shoot offshore and catch Mahi on Tarpon rods, Tarpon at most any bridge, All the reef fish.. and the muddy water slam over Flamingo way. Fun on your boat is guaranteed even if you can’t fish cuz of the wind.  

Its hot at noon, so fishing early is the ticket, siesta after lunch. 
Or, join up at one of the sand bars and feel young again. Plenty of casual restaurants on the water to bring momma to. 

Breezy Palms is an older motel, but it’s clean and on the Ocean side (no bugs) with a jetty around the marina to protect the boats. Great boat ramp.. If you want to talk about it, PM me your # and I will give you a call. 
This goes for any member, no matter how experienced you are or not. We are a mostly chilled group of formerly hard core fishin folks. 
Marc

Thanks jh !  That’s a much better view of the sunrise !

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Just stay on the back side of the island chain and follow the channel markers up to Islamorada for day trips.. Lunch at Worldwide sportsman, Gotta take the crew to Robbie’s and feed the Tarpon.. Drive up to Theater of the sea by car if weather is really bad.. 

You can still have a great time..

Update us if you can !!

Marc