Bayfisher Bench Seat Modification

Has anybody ever modified their captains bench on any models that have the flip up backrest?  I HATE how low I sit when its flipped up. Im thinking about removing the flip all together, and somehow building a raised bench, getting some upholstery made for it, and buying a mountable back rest to bolt to the deck?

Any thoughts?

I'm with ya on the flip-up seat.  My Redfisher didn't have one, which gave me a better view with the higher seat height.  Maybe that space on yours could be modified with a bench made of King Starboard (HDPE), and a custom cushion on top of that.  Or, maybe reach out to a member on this forum, owner of Aim Welding aka @THE OUTLAW, and get his thoughts on building you an aluminum frame bench seat with a backrest option.  He has a Redfisher 16 and would know exactly what you need.

Good luck!

7 hours ago, jjharrity said:

Has anybody ever modified their captains bench on any models that have the flip up backrest?  I HATE how low I sit when its flipped up. Im thinking about removing the flip all together, and somehow building a raised bench, getting some upholstery made for it, and buying a mountable back rest to bolt to the deck?

Any thoughts?

I bought a Garlick pedestal and added a tempress bass boat seat....the pedestal is 9" and sit under a moveable mount (forward and backward).

This sits me about 12 inches higher and allows me to run with my legs down, knees bent vs crunched....

DC

IMG_8811.thumb.jpg.b547f9116c9a3311f2e7f143a37a198d.jpg

• Like 1