2004 2200V engine replacement

I've got the same question.  

Curious as to how much weight a 2004 2200v will support for re-power.
Is there a spec available?
Current Yamaha 3.1L OX66 200HP Vmax 2 stroke is spec'd at 453 lbs.
I'm interested to know if one of these new 4 stroke offerings will work:
Yamaha 4.2L V6 200-250HP VMAX SHO @ 529-567 lbs.
Mercury Pro XS 4.6L V8 200-300HP @ 505 lbs.
Hate to lose HP, but final option would be Mercury Pro XS 3.4L V6 175HP @ 470 lbs.

Gentlemen

i Re powered my 2005 2200v with a Suzuki dfa200.  Works great. I would imagine the 175 hp would be more than ample propped correctly....unless you have a real need for speed.

as far as weight and water intrusion had it w my yam 150. Installed rabuds on the drains in back as per the many threads on this forum. And have minimal to no issues.  
in my part of texas it was too hard to spend the $5k more for the other brands....and that was in 2019...
good luck to you both.

• 1 year later...
On 4/23/2021 at 6:39 PM, Troubadour said:

I have a ‘99 2200v. Mercury 150, very pleased with mine. 455#. 3.0L 4 cylinder. Top speed about 48 light load alone. But I rarely ever go that fast. I’m usually at 32-33 mph around 4k rpm’s,  6 gph.  Maintenance is a breeze. 

Trougbadour, is this a pro XS or standard four stroke?

• Like 1

My 2006 22' Pathfinder TE had a very low hour, Yamaha 200 HPDI...  It would run 50 mph and would get around 2.2 mpg...  I was uncomfortable with the age of this engine (16-years) even though it looked perfect and ran perfect...  I replaced the 200 HPDI with a new Yamaha F150...  Having had excellent experience these tough little engines on two previous 22' Pathfinders I knew what to expect...  I wasn't disappointed!!  My top speed dropped (as expected) to a solid 45 mph but the fuel consumption immediately jumped up to 4.0-4.1 gph.  I think I might be able to improve on that with a little tweaking on the combination of jack-plate position, engine trim position, and trim tab position...  I ordered and just finished installing a new Garmin GFS 10 which is a fuel monitoring device that very accurately calculates your fuel flow rate and total fuel consumption...  It plugs right into my Garmin 94SV Echomap Plus...  I can immediately see the effect in gph (gallons per hour) as I move the jack-plate up or down, trim the engine up and down and/or change the position of the trim tabs...   Getting the optimum combination might take a few minutes but it is worth the effort...  Also the new F150 is MUCH quieter than the old 200 HPDI... 

I considered a new Yamaha F200 but there is only 2-3 mph difference between the F150 and the F250...  I've heard nothing but good reports for the Suzuki 200's but not only were they not readily available, I would have had to change out all my gauges and controls...  

I have several friends that have from 2000 to 2500 total hours on their F150's, and one bait dealer up here has over 4000 hours on his bait boat & F150...

Good luck with your quest!