Pathfinder 2500 livewell/wash down

Bamaskeet

I picked up my new 2500 last month and I have a question about the water inlet for the saltwater wash down pump and the livewell.  They share the same inlet.

How do you keep water from going into the livewell while running, if you have the inlet valve open for the saltwater wash down pump?  I went to my local hardware store, thinking I could buy a threaded plug, only to find out that the livewell has a bastard thread.

the older livewell had a valve on the fitting in the livewell that you  could  cut off.

don't know  about newer livewell but I  would think that there is a control valve to regulate the flow.

water comes in on plane through the  pump and will go out the drain but not until everything is  wet

the old livewell drains could be securely plugged using a 1 1/4 inch plumbers plug by changing wing nut and bolt to stainless steel. 

I think I have figured out a solution.  My boat came with one elbow in the livewell, it was attached to the recert  pump outlet.  I moved the elbow to the raw water pump outlet and slightly modified a 5/8” expandable rubber plug to fit in the elbow to stop the flow.

I don’t understand why MBG doesn’t have a fix for this issue.