3rd Flamingo trip video...end of march...full moon

Here is our video everyone.  As you can see, we should have stayed in the area we started at in the morning.  I bet most if not all will say so in this post.  Dummy me!  I mean I even had a dirty water clear water line with moving tide.  All I hooked were jacks but I bet if I had more patience, I could have scored something nice there.  I can kick myself in the arse for leaving.   lol   It was still a ton of fun and it was great to be out there with just my wife.  Boat feels so much more responsive with just two people in it.  Oh......after hooking the first shark, I put the Lady fish head back out.  Tell me what you all think on what I might have hooked.  I swear it was a shark at first but while fighting it, the fish ran towards shore and wasn't super heavy.  I began to question myself if it was a shark or not in the video.    I did however  get cut off (20 pound flouro)  and I would like to believe it was a shark but maybe I had something else on.  Hope you all enjoy the video, I tried to put it together as fast as possible this time.  

• Like 2

Nice Job!!  IMO nothing eats better and is more abundant (sustainable) than Mangrove Snapper.  I would not have stayed in that spot. I might have fished some of the other points around the corner to the north but my general rule is keep moving. On a good negative tide like that I love to explore and take note of stickups and other things that I would not see on any other tide. That tide it could have been good in Ingraham throwing to the edges of the channel. All the fish would have been forced off the mud flat and into the channel. Just an example. Some of the best guides in ENP are Polar Opposite. One will sit on a spot and wait on the tide and the other will keep moving until they run into it and they both catch lots of fish. 

Thanks for Sharing. I know it takes considerable effort. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, jh141 said:

Nice Job!!  IMO nothing eats better and is more abundant (sustainable) than Mangrove Snapper.  I would not have stayed in that spot. I might have fished some of the other points around the corner to the north but my general rule is keep moving. On a good negative tide like that I love to explore and take note of stickups and other things that I would not see on any other tide. That tide it could have been good in Ingraham throwing to the edges of the channel. All the fish would have been forced off the mud flat and into the channel. Just an example. Some of the best guides in ENP are Polar Opposite. One will sit on a spot and wait on the tide and the other will keep moving until they run into it and they both catch lots of fish. 

Thanks for Sharing. I know it takes considerable effort. 

I'm usually pretty patient but I just left. The action was in that area though and even though I was catching jacks, I bet I could have pulled off 1 nice fish had I waited.  I hear you though on learning areas on a negative.  I already knew where the bar was and a tree but I know what you mean.  Time on water right?  Tide will be super low again this weekend.  Lets see what if I can make it out again.  

You guys have great chemistry together. A lot of fun watching!

Moving is key when you start catching jacks and cats.

Mangrove dinners are oh so good. 

Years back when me and my dad fished Flamingo we always dedicated a couple of hours to catching Mangos. FYI, some of the rivers around Shark /Ponce De Leon Bay have some truly large mangoes especially right before the start of the summer rains.

• Like 1

that tide was LOW......tough fishing...

but, good TOW - Time On Water....that's how you develop your skills at reading the water....

What I would suggest is for one person the have a popping cork with a shrimp and another with a "gulp" on a popping cork....and mix it up.....Many times in shallow water I will have the popping cork with just a 5/0 circle hook and push the gulp on to it...with a split shot just about it by 6-8 inches.....this drags the popping "gulp" down after each pop....as well, use a DOA shrimp without a popping cork and throw to the snags and moving water....let it just drift by....

Have fun....nice video....

dc

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Wanaflatsfish said:

that tide was LOW......tough fishing...

but, good TOW - Time On Water....that's how you develop your skills at reading the water....

What I would suggest is for one person the have a popping cork with a shrimp and another with a "gulp" on a popping cork....and mix it up.....Many times in shallow water I will have the popping cork with just a 5/0 circle hook and push the gulp on to it...with a split shot just about it by 6-8 inches.....this drags the popping "gulp" down after each pop....as well, use a DOA shrimp without a popping cork and throw to the snags and moving water....let it just drift by....

Have fun....nice video....

dc

I try to fish two rods at a time which is why I'll use a live shrimp on one and I'll switch from a live shrimp to lures on the other one.  So far, the live shrimp out fishes the paddle tales, mirro lures etc.  

22 hours ago, SeaSerpent123 said:

Sounds like Outlaw showed you something. hehe

Well known Chokoloskee secret handshake club....you have to break at least one skeg and have him fix it before he tells you (LOL)......... :)

Outlaw posted his secret stash a while back......have some fun and go on a post easter egg hunt :)

dc

57 minutes ago, Wanaflatsfish said:

Well known Chokoloskee secret handshake club....you have to break at least one skeg and have him fix it before he tells you (LOL)......... :)

Outlaw posted his secret stash a while back......have some fun and go on a post easter egg hunt :)

dc

I'm trying to join this club but my skeg is only sanded, not broken. lol  

• Like 1

Your not gonna break one in Flamingo/ Whitewater, it’s mostly mud and soft bottom. You might find a stump that will do the deed. The further north you go the more oyster bars bring that Redfisher to Chokoloskee or Everglades City in the winter and enjoy the crackle and crunch 😁

Had Outlaw repair my lower unit case, not the skeg, I had a prop blade go wayward and knock half the cavitation plate off, anyway He did an Outstanding job but I never got the "Secret" LOL.....

6 hours ago, SeaSerpent123 said:

I'm trying to join this club but my skeg is only sanded, not broken. lol  

SeaSerpent123     PM me, I will turn you on to the undisputable search bait for WWB. We catch fish their on many different baits, but one bait stands out well above the rest for finding fish, I was taught when I was 17 and I am now 60. With all the changes I have seen in WWB over the years it is still the #1 bait. 

• Like 2