Fiberglass repair

Whiskeytrain

Does anyone have a good fiberglass guy they recommend for fixing damage to the front of my hewes bayfisher (just under the rub rail) in or around broward county? The damage was on the boat when i purchased it and am now trying to get quotes to repair it. It’s about a 2-3inch long gash just under the rub rail presumably from the boat hitting a dock.

thanks for any information. The boat is located in pompano beach.

On 3/27/2021 at 2:55 AM, Whiskeytrain said:

Does anyone have a good fiberglass guy they recommend for fixing damage to the front of my hewes bayfisher (just under the rub rail) in or around broward county? The damage was on the boat when i purchased it and am now trying to get quotes to repair it. It’s about a 2-3inch long gash just under the rub rail presumably from the boat hitting a dock.

thanks for any information. The boat is located in pompano beach.

See my thread on my Master Angler....

Fiberglass by Design...ask for Richard is the owner..his team's work is excellent....we are completing a full restoration on my MA17

dc

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

That gelcoat repair was a band aid at best that should have been done by a professional fiberglass shop. The good thing is, that it is repairable. Like Dino said Fiberglass by design does some nice work. David Perez is a mobile fiberglass guy who does phenomenal work but he is not cheap. He has repaired 3 of my boats and they all came out like factory. His number is 561-252-2206.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

SouthernWake is correct, Because of the damage a structural component (fiberglass) will need to be used and then gelcoat for finishing.

9 minutes ago, SouthernWake said:

It’s easier than it sounds but can be nerve wracking taking a grinder to your boat for the first time.

Grinder to a boat is like drilling a hole in a new boat for the first time, scary at first but you understand it is a necessary evil!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1