Question re '96 Mirage 2 live well plumbing

Zace

Folks, I'm hoping one of you with in-depth knowledge of older Mavericks can give me some guidance. I'm looking at a 1996 Mirage II and am struck by something I see on the stern: just above the left trim tab are two pairs of plugs (total of four). The boat's owner tells me those are drain plugs for the live well and that this arrangement was standard on all Maverick Mirages and HPs. I have no reason to doubt him, just looks like an odd arrangement to me. FYI the live well's intake valve, which is covered by a piece of screen, is at the bottom of the stern in the middle next to the drain plug. Is this something you all have seen before? If not, is it cause for concern? Thanks to all ...

3 hours ago, Zace said:

Folks, I'm hoping one of you with in-depth knowledge of older Mavericks can give me some guidance. I'm looking at a 1996 Mirage II and am struck by something I see on the stern: just above the left trim tab are two pairs of plugs (total of four). The boat's owner tells me those are drain plugs for the live well and that this arrangement was standard on all Maverick Mirages and HPs. I have no reason to doubt him, just looks like an odd arrangement to me. FYI the live well's intake valve, which is covered by a piece of screen, is at the bottom of the stern in the middle next to the drain plug. Is this something you all have seen before? If not, is it cause for concern? Thanks to all ...

Post pics...they could have been done post factory...

dc