Washdown operation help!

Ryanb1284

I have a 2018 2200 TRS and the raw water wash down does seem to prime whatsoever. It is sputter and spit very little water. I have even let the pump sit to a bit before squeezing the handle to spray with no avail. Anyone have any idea on how to fix this issue? I called MBC on this issue and got very little advice. ANY HELP APPRECIATED!

Thanks

Ryan

I am sorry, I do not know how to fix your problem but I'm sure that 6 other folks here will chime in with good ideas.

I just wanted to comment that this seems to be another example of a smaller, very responsive company being swallowed by a large company with predictable results.  In the old days (a few years ago), all you had to do was call Ray in MBC Customer Service and he would solve your problem with either good advice, a repair suggestion (with the parts to accomplish it) or an appointment to come in and have it resolved by the repair department.

Ask anyone you know who rides a Harley Davidson motorcycle what happened when Harley was for a time, owned by AMF, the bowling ball company.  Needless to say, none of the AMF execs rode Harleys, they all drove Cadillacs.

• Like 1

where are  most of the intakes.

on my 04 22TE I have  3 ball valves from the seachest. zone for eavh livewell. The washdown pump branches from the pump for the bow livewell.  I have  always thought that its spitting snd sputtering was do to it sucking  air back from the pump when it was not on. 

It would help to compare the efficiency of the pumps to various sources.

I have had the same washdown pump in my boat since it was new (2013) and use it several times a day when fishing. I experienced an issue similar to yours and found some debris inside the pump. There is a rubber diaphragm that is pushed and pulled by a cam when the pump is running. This creates a vacuum and suctions up the water. If any debris enters the pump, it keeps the diaphragm from functioning properly. Remove the front off the pump and make sure there is no debris in the rubber diaphragm. 

The other issue is water delivery, or lack of enough water being supplied to the pump.  I removed my intake hose from the live-well pump and installed a stand-alone thru hull with shut off. 

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/2/2021 at 8:04 PM, smilemaker said:

where are  most of the intakes.

on my 04 22TE I have  3 ball valves from the seachest. zone for eavh livewell. The washdown pump branches from the pump for the bow livewell.  I have  always thought that its spitting snd sputtering was do to it sucking  air back from the pump when it was not on. 

It would help to compare the efficiency of the pumps to various sources.

Like mine on a 2400. I closed that valve halfway to regulate the flow to the front livewell  and that will cause the washdown to sputter. Make sure to open that valve all the way when you're not using the front well