2004 HPX-T Repower

SamW

I have a '02 HPX-T, that I've owned 16 years, that had a Yamaha F60 with the small gearcase and propped with a Power Tech SWW4R12.  I recently had the boat completely redone by Tom Gordon and repowered with a Yamaha F70 mounted in the next to highest transom position and propped with a Power Tech SWW4R13.   Other than tarpon season I fish the backcountry over mostly the limestone rock bottom our area is famous for, so hole shot was my primary consideration, which it does extremely well.  Not a speed demon though and I may pick up another three blade prop for tarpon season when I have to run 20 - 40 miles in open water and where hole shots are not an issue.  My F60 was original on the boat, still ran well and I liked the performance, but corrosion was beginning to do its damage.  So far I really like the new F70 and if given the choice would do it again.

• 4 weeks later...

I am curious about your WOT speeds.  Do I assume your HPX-T is a 17fter?  I ask because I have a HPX-V 15 fter that has a F40 now,which I might want to switch to a 50 when the time comes . Weight is an issue on the little boat. I don't do any really long runs in my area of the 10k.