Boat Restoration Thread: Master Angler MA17 - 1995, the Holy Ghost

Wanaflatsfish

• Wanaflatsfish changed the title to Update: April 4th, Getting Ready to Roll The Deck - Rear Rod Holder Cut .....Master Angler MA17 - 1995, the Holy Ghost

the deck is finished and final sanding to begin.

IMG_9976.thumb.jpg.dfeeb23ccb83a6823b3bd7fd03ec2f0c.jpg

i went to the skiff and cut in two sets of rod holders....i wanted to cut in some rod holders in the stern hatches so I could stop "kick" the reels on the floor.....a few hours of cutting and drilling and got it done..the Staboard hatch required that I cut an access  panel...on the port side, the holes went directly along the stern hatch...

I cut them out so in the event, something "went" wrong..the shop could fix it before we spray the final gelcoat.

I will finish them when I get the skiff home....hopefully next week.

IMG_9979.thumb.jpg.8c60a543f82415bb3f144ba58cd37ffb.jpg

IMG_9980.thumb.jpg.0baa05e07c47315a62055c4ab07797f4.jpg

I will cover this with a 1/4 inch starboard panel.

IMG_9981.thumb.jpg.eefba6a27f79c86e0f082cb9f5fd7d5b.jpg

DC

• Like 1

a little tip but too late  for your project. you can take a piece of pvc pipe and use a jig saw to cut some teeth in the end like a hole saw then use a file to sharpen.  with a little twisting and hammering you can  run the PVC and make a place for the  rod tube without the extra access. 

52 minutes ago, smilemaker said:

a little tip but too late  for your project. you can take a piece of pvc pipe and use a jig saw to cut some teeth in the end like a hole saw then use a file to sharpen.  with a little twisting and hammering you can  run the PVC and make a place for the  rod tube without the extra access. 

good idea...yep, a little too late...but, no big deal...1/4 " of starboard will have it looking like new :)

dc

• Wanaflatsfish changed the title to Update: April 7th (deck is rolled and punch list ready to finish) .....Master Angler MA17 - 1995, the Holy Ghost
  • Wanaflatsfish changed the title to Update: April 10th (FLOOR SHOT AND ALMOST READY TO COME HOME) .....Master Angler MA17 - 1995, the Holy Ghost
  • Wanaflatsfish changed the title to Update: April 15th - The Ghost Will Be Home Tomorrow .....Master Angler MA17 - 1995, the Holy Ghost

Dino, its a good feeling to see her coming together and almost home.   Congrats on the job done by your folks, your boat is better than new again.   

These jobs are expensive, but this is one of those hulls like the potter hull Seacraft that are worth the expense.  I may never get anywhere near what I have in mine back out of it in dollars, but 30 years from now when I still have her and am deciding whether it is time to do it again, I doubt I will care.  

• Like 1

• Wanaflatsfish changed the title to Update: April 16th The Ghost Is Home !!! Ready for Rigging To Begin .....Master Angler MA17 - 1995, the Holy Ghost
  • Moderator changed the title to Boat Restoration Thread: Master Angler MA17 - 1995, the Holy Ghost
  • Moderator pinned this topic