Boat Restoration Thread: Master Angler MA17 - 1995, the Holy Ghost

Wanaflatsfish

She's at the Beauty Salon :) 

Fiberglass by Design.....Fort Lauderdale

fork.thumb.jpg.55c444c0f174091fe94c5bb67490119c.jpg

The owner Richard is a workaholic ......here we are at 730 pm....his team normally works to 1030 pm..

park1.thumb.jpg.ecd5ec2bd3f5d2d2981b5b1fba545ab4.jpg

Such a pretty little girl next to a MACHO Contender that is going through a major make-over 

inside.thumb.jpg.396b8a23e68c7b7f55a8cd81d91f096e.jpg

More to come.............

dc

4 hours ago, Troubadour said:

Can’t wait to see the refit!  DC can you clue us in on the proposed NAV electronics?  What about really going all the way with a re-power?

SIMRAD EVO 2 9"

ENGINE IS PERFECT  !!!

i AM UPGRADING THE ENTIRE CONSOLE OF TACH, SPED, AND BINNACLE...I JUST UPGRADED THE STEERING WITH A NEW UFLEX.

DC

• Wanaflatsfish changed the title to Update: 3_3 More Goodies FULL RESTORATION Has Begun - Rewire and ADD a new fuel tank- Master Angler MA17 - 1995, the Holy Ghost

Getting ready for the re-wire...bought a simple crimping tool....I plan on installing new crimps on all my battery wires.

As well, needed some male female connectors for the tach and wiring harness....

crimp.thumb.jpg.109ef6a9c1efa4d9680a8d8310483e4f.jpg

crimptag.thumb.jpg.3ab411c686da30d484a79218cd6c355f.jpg

crimp1.thumb.jpg.1e6020b864a64882ddabc7a40dac47e4.jpg

i also need to replace the speedometer tube and i decided to change out he thermostat.....will be doing a 100 simple service when she returns from the Beauty Shop.

sim.thumb.jpg.b649bd749f1b2c30a327cd677d9a723b.jpg

tubes.thumb.jpg.c95411433fcad3436456ed8ab14426cf.jpg

MORE TO COME TODAY........FIBERGLASS BY DESIGN WILL BE CUTTING THE FLOOR AND WORKING ON THE CONSOLE...PICS TONIGHT.

DC

3 hours ago, fin-addict said:

Have a question, why bullet connectors rather than butt connectors. Thanks

On the tach and speedomoter and a few other circuits Yamaha uses the bullet connectors...a few of them were so old they ripped when I pulled out the Tach and Speedomter...

ONe stop for a box about $12...less than gas to go to WM

dc

• Like 1

• Wanaflatsfish changed the title to Update: 3_5 Ready to Cut FULL RESTORATION Has Begun - Rewire and ADD a new fuel tank- Master Angler MA17 - 1995, the Holy Ghost
  • Wanaflatsfish changed the title to Update: TANK IS OUT...CONSOLE WORK MARCH 6TH- Master Angler MA17 - 1995, the Holy Ghost
On 3/2/2021 at 10:12 AM, Lap it Up said:

Please report the condition of your current tank.  Would be good info for all the others with aging MA's.  

LAP....

The tank looks reasonably good....it WAS NOT FOAMED IN....which my guy says probably was a benefit.

there is one spot on the bottom where looks to be ready to develop pin-holes.

We think it might have gone another couple of years....but, now was a good time to make the decision.

The key, according to Richard @ Fiberglass by Design, is to be sure to epoxy coat the exterior....we will be doing this prior to the install.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wanaflatsfish said:

LAP....

The tank looks reasonably good....it WAS NOT FOAMED IN....which my guy says probably was a benefit.

there is one spot on the bottom where looks to be ready to develop pin-holes.

We think it might have gone another couple of years....but, now was a good time to make the decision.

The key, according to Richard @ Fiberglass by Design, is to be sure to epoxy coat the exterior....we will be doing this prior to the install.

That tank lasted 25 years can’t ask for more than that . 

• Like 1

• Moderator changed the title to Boat Restoration Thread: Master Angler MA17 - 1995, the Holy Ghost
  • Moderator pinned this topic