Kill Bag in fishbox on 2400 TRS?

Drummer

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/3/2021 at 2:19 PM, MikeT said:

I would like to know also. I have a 2400 TRS on order and ask the dealer to to see about draining fish box over board and factory said it wasn’t possible with the 2400 TRS.  I would hope dealer is being honest.

I believe the drain is below the waterline. I am working on a solution now. May just seal it and pump it out when I get home. How bad could that be? 

If you have a 2400 TRS and your fishbox (compartment that's the step to the forward deck) drains into the bilge, you might be interested in this. My bilge drain pipe became clogged, so all water entering the bilge from the fishbox, anchor locker, and port/starboard rod storage boxes (they drain in there, too) became trapped forward of the fuel cell. After I installed an 8" port in the bottom of the fishbox I was able, with great difficulty, to clear the drain pipe and restore normal flow to the aft bilge area. I learned there's a board in there that runs between the stringers that is used as a mount if your boat has a fresh water tank, which mine does not. That pesky board completely covers the forward drain area. I ended up clearing the drain with a 1/2 inch stainless pipe and ultimately, a rifle cleaning rod with a .50 caliber bronze brush attached. MacGyver, I know. Or maybe MacGruber, if you know what I mean. In any case, that board has no function if you don't have a fresh water tank. I intend to remove mine as soon as I have enough initiative. I believe this is a design flaw, perhaps the only one, on this great vessel. A better drain system and MORE insulation on this compartment would be a wonderful improvement going forward. I feel better now.