2021 2300 HPS

I have a new 2021 on order and dealer is letting me choose a YAMAHA prop. They recommended the HS 4 blade 15x23 or the 14 3/4 x 23p three blade. 

No T-TOP, Yamaha 250 SHO. Two power poles. Two batteries. 

Which of the the two propellers is a better choice ? and or would you choose another Yamaha prop? Speed/top end is important to me.

Thank you in advance.

I have a 2200trs with T top running a  SHO. One of the props I run is a HS4 22 pitch. The HS4 is a nice prop. I think with the stepped hull and no top the 23 pitch HS4 would be a fine prop for your new boat. The HS4 is a pretty fast prop and I would bet you will find it runs close to even with rpm/speed. 

• Like 1

On 3/5/2021 at 4:37 PM, BradM said:

The 23p HS4 will be stiff when full. I would look at dropping to a 22p in the HS4, if it were me. The fact that they are telling you to run the same pitch in 2 different blade configurations is worrisome to me. 

They are just dealers. That's why I came here for real world experience. 

17 hours ago, 2021HPS2300 said:

They are just dealers. That's why I came here for real world experience. 

They should be competent to prop your boat accordingly. The wrong prop on that boat will easily cost you 10+ mph and make it feel like a pig in the water. Look for a lot of bow lift and something that will get you up around 5,800 - 5,900 at maximum effort. Enjoy.