Mystery tube

John B

Hello all,

I am working on a 'new to me' 2001 Redfisher 16.  In the bilge area I discovered a small, 1/8" approx. ID, vinyl hose. It may have been clear at one point, but is now basically black with crud discoloration. Anyway - it ran forward toward the console but when I pulled it back toward the transom it came freely and is not connected to anything.  The other end wraps around the rear of the live well and then goes past the point where I can reach.  Any idea what this is / was for ?  There is no aerator head in the live well, other than the black fill fitting  that was installed originally.

Thanks,  JB

1 hour ago, John B said:

Hello all,

I am working on a 'new to me' 2001 Redfisher 16.  In the bilge area I discovered a small, 1/8" approx. ID, vinyl hose. It may have been clear at one point, but is now basically black with crud discoloration. Anyway - it ran forward toward the console but when I pulled it back toward the transom it came freely and is not connected to anything.  The other end wraps around the rear of the live well and then goes past the point where I can reach.  Any idea what this is / was for ?  There is no aerator head in the live well, other than the black fill fitting  that was installed originally.

Thanks,  JB

Dont see any pics, but do you have the fold up seat that is flush with the back deck when folded down? If so might be a drain line from the two drain tubes