All Inclusive resort Family Vaca

rubble

Looking for recommendations for an All Inclusive for the family.  Son is a college Fr and Daughter is a HS Jr.  They both want to do an all inclusive.  I’m not a fan but am a team player.  

Mexico is not an option just because of risk/safety but I’m guessing that can be an issue in most places?  Looking at the D.R., Jamaica, Aruba and others.  Not sure about Aruba either after the Natalee Holloway incident.  

Would be a bonus if there are fishing opportunities around. 

16 hours ago, rubble said:

Looking for recommendations for an All Inclusive for the family.  Son is a college Fr and Daughter is a HS Jr.  They both want to do an all inclusive.  I’m not a fan but am a team player.  

Mexico is not an option just because of risk/safety but I’m guessing that can be an issue in most places?  Looking at the D.R., Jamaica, Aruba and others.  Not sure about Aruba either after the Natalee Holloway incident.  

Would be a bonus if there are fishing opportunities around. 

Why leave the USA ???

There are some really beautiful hotels and ranches in the upper 50's....or down in Arizona or new mexico.

Look for one which has some nice trout streams in the region and you can fish in the morning and relax in the PM.

Personally, while i have been all over the world, my next adventure will be to see the USA in the next 10 years....with COVID looming through the summer and fall, I"d stay local and just go first class to a top resort in the USA....Go on Marriott's site, or Hilton's top end resorts....the USA hotels are hurting and I"m sure you can get a great deal.

And remember, if you are out of the country and someone by chance gets sick, you are in a world of hurt to get them back in the USA and medical care in any of the islands is not something I'd want to have at this point.

And to be Honest, you could go to any of the Ritz Carlton resorts - not all inclusive, but, I've been to those - no upper end liquor etc, you could head over to the Ritz in St. Augustine area and fish the marshes....or bring them to Naples and stay on the beach...and get a guide for few days........in the Keys you have the Duck Key resort and even Key West has a private island owned by Hilton which would be great fun......

If you want the ultimate - LITTLE PALM ISLAND IN THE KEYS....SERIOUS $$$$ but, when you throw in airfare....anything in the USA where you can drive will be less expensive....

You didn't mention time of the year ?

DC

38 minutes ago, Wanaflatsfish said:

Why leave the USA ???

That be the problem.  I’ve all but refused to leave the US with all the same reasons you suggest.  My kids have had opps to go on Mission Trips in other countries but I just don’t want to risk issues with security, health or travel.  

This is just something the kids have wanted to do for a while.  They hear from all of their buddies going and want to try.  We did a Cruise with them and they loved that but no more big boats for me.  We’ve looked at a few domestic All Inclusive options but with my Bro-in-law not living in Islamorada, I’d rather take the money for an A.I. Resort and put it in to a visit to the Keys.  I could fish and they could play in whatever sandbox they want.  

The short of it is, I agree; 100%.  We have too much to explore right here in our country.  As long as we are allowed...

Check out Costa Rica. It's an amazingly beautiful country with Caribbean and Pacific beaches, volcanos, cloud forests, rain forests, just about everything for the outdoorsy type. The Westin Reserva Conchal in Guanacaste is spectacular - one of the best places we have visited. Good luck! 

35 minutes ago, Drummer said:

Check out Costa Rica. It's an amazingly beautiful country with Caribbean and Pacific beaches, volcanos, cloud forests, rain forests, just about everything for the outdoorsy type. The Westin Reserva Conchal in Guanacaste is spectacular - one of the best places we have visited. Good luck! 

I lived in CR for 5 years.....great place......I used to fish the sailfish tourneys back in the early 90's off of Guanacaste and further south.....  Our boat records was 27.

I used to come to Miami and buy cases and cases of Ballyhoo to bring back to Costa Rica for rigging by our captain.....and I brought a 200 gallon fuel bladder back to allow us a few extra days off shore (we would slip in coves up and down the coast for a few days and not return to port until the last day of the tourney)

My biggest concern is the COVID thing...again, you just do not want to get this crap and be in a 3rd world country....

DC

• Like 1

Kind of off topic but related to this discussion...  What are your thoughts on the Covid Vaccine?  Capt. Outlaw’s comment is something that many people have suggested but I don’t think we are there.  I don’t think something like that isn’t out of reality but I think we already are under the microscope with our Dumb Devices.  We will never let those devices go so they have all of the access they need.

My question is more health related in nature.  Do you folks fear what is in the shot or feel like the benefits might outweigh the negatives?  

Rubble

im not a fan of the govt. I’m not a fan of anything medical that was created at warp speed.  I had the COVID and flu at same time in Dec.   Glad I did not have the breathing issues but did have other weird stuff  I’m reasonably healthy and over age 49.  Anytime you get real sick it’s a roll of the dice.

all I can say is that the God I serve tells me not to worry cause He’s got this..but also don’t violate your own conscience...or your neighbors.  It’s a free country sort of and as long as I can choose I will choose not to get their shot.  Nor lock myself in my house and not live.  Had elderly relatives lock themselves away and die off..  so sad and so wrong on so many levels.  

I think people forget they are mortal and everyone has a time when their time is up. It happens every day.  Could be in a car on the way to work or on a boat ride to your favorite fishing hole. Or it could be from an illness you don’t want.  In my view the sooner we get on with living the better off we will be.  I mean after all it’s us common folks who do most of the living and working and dying in this country anyway.  

from a texas point of view the government does not know their head from their butt from a hole in the ground.

my 2 cents worth what it cost.  hutch

• Like 3

On 1/28/2021 at 5:40 AM, imsnookyrd said:

i get my second shot this coming Monday, no worries here.

Good for you you lucky dog . My wife and I have not been so lucky . We called in several time and are on the waiting list in Hillsbough county. Hopefully we all will get the vaccine soon and can start moving back in the direction of normality. 

On 1/27/2021 at 7:28 PM, THE OUTLAW said:

Rubble ...

You can have mine .

Would give anything to break the addiction to the cell phone too !

It is scary how much they listen and watch everything we do !

Goin off grid asap !

🇺🇸🏴‍☠️

Outlaw. Just to confirm; I can have your cell phone?  😂

I know;  only while you are in the Glades! 👍