18 MA Trolling Motor/Battery

Bobby B

Looking to install a trolling motor on my 1997 18.5 MA.  Was wondering where others have put their batteries? I currently have batteries in the console but dont think trolling batteries would fit with the small storage shelf i have.  Thinking of installing in the front hatch or maybe just redoing the steering console.  Any recommendations on where everyone keeps their batteries would be great. 

I know everyone loves photos, so here is us heading out on our camping trip this past weekend. 

Thank you, 

1329268470_IMG_19002.JPG

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Bobby B said:

Looking to install a trolling motor on my 1997 18.5 MA.  Was wondering where others have put their batteries? I currently have batteries in the console but dont think trolling batteries would fit with the small storage shelf i have.  Thinking of installing in the front hatch or maybe just redoing the steering console.  Any recommendations on where everyone keeps their batteries would be great. 

I know everyone loves photos, so here is us heading out on our camping trip this past weekend. 

Thank you, 

1329268470_IMG_19002.JPG

That is a beautiful MA, by the way.  I hope you are enjoying it as much as I enjoy mine.

On 1/22/2021 at 2:43 PM, whichwaysup said:

Looks like you have the console with the integrated seat.   My 87 had that same console.   I had two batteries under the seat, and the house battery in the main console.

Awesome! Yeah, going to have to do reorganize and remove a tray that previous owner installed and do it like this. 

Thanks!