2300hps seems to pound

Pabel1993

Anyone else got a 2300 hps ? Mine seems to pound if I hit a wave just right or especially if a boats coming opposite of me and I hit their wake ? It honestly just sounds ugly and I can feel it in the floor if I’m standing just right on the console.. being that I’ve already done the stringers in it I guess I’m just a little nervous now 

4 hours ago, fin-addict said:

May have to adjust your speed and how you enter that wave. Doubt it’s the boat or hull design. No disrespect intended, driver error. Every boat handles waves differently. If this is a new boat to you there is a learning curve of how it handles and responds to your commands. 😀👍

Very possible it sounds like it’s right where the step is so that could be what I’m hearing I’ve noticed it doesn’t do it as bad if I’m hauling *** 

Figured it out today the stringers seems fine but I when he poured the foam he used 4lb on the outside instead of 2lb and I think that’s the difference I’m hearing.. not to mention he also set down the cap  he set it down and a vent line so the caps not down all the way on one side.. but other than that the bottom seems solid sounds like I’m just being nervous 

Don't really know how to say this, forgive me in advance, but here goes. You bought a Bay Boat not a Bradley Fighting Tank. I have a condo in SW Fl. about a 1,000 ft. off the Intercostal waterway and can hear boats pounding into wakes all the time and it sends a chill down my spine. If you hit an oncoming wake at any substantial speed, you are causing damage to your rig and over a period of time, you'll have stringer problems, your console will get loose and you'll see cracks in your gelcoat. If you had a deep-V hull with a weight of 5,000 lbs. you could take wakes a little faster without damaging your rig. I love to drive my boat fast (60mph), but I take wakes like an old lady. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, SCFD rtrd. said:

I have a condo in SW Fl. about a 1,000 ft. off the Intercostal waterway and can hear boats pounding into wakes all the time and it sends a chill down my spine.

I hear that.  Just watch a couple Youtube videos featuring boat owners with more money than sense, navigating the cut at Haulover Inlet, and you'll quickly learn what kind of abuse that used boat hull on your shopping list may have endured.  You'll also learn which deep-v hulls are well designed, and which ones are not.  But most importantly, you can see how easily your children, wife, or other passengers riding in the forward half of the boat, could be seriously injured or thrown overboard, with an unskilled pilot at the helm.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Haulover Cut that’s not fair . That place will make you respect the water in a hurry . I grew up surfing and sitting on the rocks watching the show both on the jury and in the cut . Way back when from the fishing pier to the jetty’s was for surfing and the beach was a family beach . Parts of the jetty was X rated and the bridge going over the cut was used for skate boarding when there where no waves . When Jacks snack shop at south beach had a surf report from the dog track parking lot . Good times . 
       Joe R 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1