F115 VMAX/SHO

blewbyu

I had a 2017 Redfisher 16 with a VF115 SHO, so the performance numbers won't be the same as on the RF 18.  The VF115 is a great motor.  With the right propeller setup, it has plenty of grunt through the entire RPM range.  Mine topped out at 52 mph on GPS at the rev limit of 6400 RPM, with a 3-blade Yamaha Talon SS 19 pitch prop, and light load.  It was quiet on cruise, and good on gas - 7 mpg at 3800 RPM.

However, if I was looking at a repower option for a larger and heavier Redfisher 18, I would seriously consider the New 2021 Suzuki DF140BG.  I think it's the ideal "power to weight ratio" outboard for the RF 18, without going with a heavier 150 HP.  More info at this link:

SUZUKI UNVEILS NEW DF115BG / DF140BG 4-CYLINDER OUTBOARDS

• 1 month later...

I think you will want to go with either a Suzuki 140 or Yamaha 150.  I have a 20ft LT tackle which had a 150 Vmax and repowered with the 150 Yamaha after talking to Skip.  I realize a 20 is heavier than your 18,but My 20ft LT will only get upper 40's with only me on board.  The SHO 115 won't be terrible,but the 150 will allow you to cruise at optimum RPMs at good speed and gas efficient the 4 cylinder 4s are not that much heavier than a 115.