What do we do when it's too cold to fish? Dino...

Drummer

You aren't fishing if you aren't ice skating around on the deck of your boat.    Spent 0600 this a.m. gingerly navigating the various towels and putting a hurting on some striper before work.   Its a good day when you can put 6 fish in the boat and be back in your office by 9:00 a.m., boat washed, covered, and put away!   

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Southrenwake,

I have been fishing Little River jetties and watched a guy with a line of decoys floating from the stern of his boat. He was actively fishing and when a sea duck would come in to his decoys put his rod down shoot the duck and go back to fishing. All was done smoothly and he did not miss on the ducks.

20 minutes ago, smilemaker said:

Southrenwake,

I have been fishing Little River jetties and watched a guy with a line of decoys floating from the stern of his boat. He was actively fishing and when a sea duck would come in to his decoys put his rod down shoot the duck and go back to fishing. All was done smoothly and he did not miss on the ducks.

long lines are the wah to in deep water. Divers and wood ducks are about the only reliable things around. I shoot a lot of birds using a blue kayak and flats boat.

Drummer.....OK, I found my 1st match at Steel Challenge.....not nearly as fast as your rounds...but, fun all the same...on the second set I was struggling with the red-dot, but, went back to the basics - pull back and reset, and found it immediately.

Thank YOU FOR ALL YOU HAVE TAUGHT ME !!!  YOU ARE TRULY AN INSPIRATION.

NOW IF ONLY I COULD FIND SOMETHING BETTER THAN MY CZ TSO :) TO SHOOT (LOL)....MAYBE I CAN HIT THE TARGETS :)

• Like 1

FOLLOW UP.....Here is a video of my daughter in her first match.....She is doing great for the first time with a holster....she practiced about 200 times on the draw...she's handled pistols all the time...but, as you know, this is always a bit intimidating with the amount of fast great shooters....

The RO's were great and were teaching her as she progressed throughout the day....to bad she only has the CZ - Shadow2 (LOL)....only da best for my girl :)

Great family activity on a Sunday....from 0800 to 1230 I get to spend time her and the family comes with lawn chairs and watches from behind.

• Like 4