2013 RF18 Livewell filling issue

quest4reds

Last time out I turned the livewell fill on and I can hear the pump running but no water flowing in.  Checked the cheese grater and it's clear.  Anyone have this issue?  Is there a simple fix?  Maybe putting a hose at the fill hole and pushing water back towards the pump?

I had this happen once or twice before, flipped the switch pump turned on but no water.  Flipped switch off then on again and water starts pumping in.  Did this about 5-10 times this time but no water coming in.

Thanks for any advice.

These pumps don't last for ever. Both my RFers (2013 & 2018) and Cobia Bay (2016)  have needed pump cartidges replaced. Sometimes its as simple and a blade of grass wrapped around the impeller other times the cartridge needs replacing. Good news is you know the pump is getting juice. Not hard to remove and check also easy to order replacement motor and pug and play.

• Thanks 1

Update:  Took the boat out yesterday and had an array of apparent electrical issues.  Livewell wouldn't fill, power pole was very slow, like VERY slow, trolling motor seemed like it was running half speed, spot lock quit several times, stereo would not stay on.  I have heard spot lock can be very voltage sensitive and the other problems appear to be some kind of electrical problem.  I'll be checking all my connections and testing some voltage on my batteries as soon as I can.

On an unrelated topic, on my way home I experienced a flat trailer tire while still 90 minutes or so from home.  I had a spare, jack and tools, but it was still quite an adventure.  I always carry a cordless impact wrench, however, apparently the battery was less than full.  Got my socket wrench out but it was 3/8 drive and my socket was 1/2, yep no adapter.  Thankfully the lug wrench for my truck is the same size as the lugs on the trailer.  I was able to get everything done, but I will be stepping my trailer game up before my next outing.  Going to get radial tires as my shortest haul to a ramp is over an hour and I'm usually towing 2hrs one way.  Will be adding a second spare as well as ensuring impact wrench battery is charged and I have appropriate sized sockets to make the job easier.  Am I missing anything?

I assume you have three if not four batteries. Obviously the trolling pack sounds like the voltage is down. What is the voltage on each battery you have and how do you charge them? 
 For the bilge bump it could I have seen the little stainless shaft rust off and the impeller not spin. Also could be air locked if the hose has a dip in it leaving the pump. Run the pump while forcing water from the livewell back toward the pump. It should prime the pump and spit water back at you. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, HoneyB said:

I assume you have three if not four batteries. Obviously the trolling pack sounds like the voltage is down. What is the voltage on each battery you have and how do you charge them? 
 For the bilge bump it could I have seen the little stainless shaft rust off and the impeller not spin. Also could be air locked if the hose has a dip in it leaving the pump. Run the pump while forcing water from the livewell back toward the pump. It should prime the pump and spit water back at you. 

Three batteries and charge via an on board charger.  I'll try that with the live well pump.

Can't tell you the voltages yet, dark and raining here now so I'll get out and run some voltage tests as soon as I can.