mounting fish finder over previous hole HELP.

NNFD197

So I removed an 8 year old Raymarine and bought a 9" Garmin. Problem is the hole left by the Raymarine is too big (length and height). A piece of Starboard should work but I'm not going to like how it looks. Anyone have other options in mind, will carbon fiber work?  Buying a bigger unit isn't the best option financially for me. The current cutout is 11" 7/8  X  6" 3/4.  Thanks for your help.

2013 2200 TRS

On 11/27/2020 at 4:19 PM, NNFD197 said:

So I removed an 8 year old Raymarine and bought a 9" Garmin. Problem is the hole left by the Raymarine is too big (length and height). A piece of Starboard should work but I'm not going to like how it looks. Anyone have other options in mind, will carbon fiber work?  Buying a bigger unit isn't the best option financially for me. The current cutout is 11" 7/8  X  6" 3/4.  Thanks for your help.

2013 2200 TRS

Black Acrylic just thick enough to be stiff. Flush mount the unit into the acrylic then the acrylic over the hole. This is how many people solve that problem and most look very good.

• Like 1

You can get the material to make your own panel from Boat Outfitters. They carry acrylic, starboard, etc.

If you decide to have a panel made, New Wire Marine does a very nice job. They CNC everything out of 3/16 ABS and they have several color and finish options. 

I had them make a new gauge/switch panel for me that allowed me to change the layout and consolidate my gauges. I am now having them make a panel to hold my Lowrance and glove box. It is 23x7 and will come with the cutouts for both already done. Cost is around $100. So not cheap, but they look great.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...