Catch of the day (pictures)

HoneyB

10 hours ago, SouthernWake said:

I don't want to give away too many secrets haha but if you aren't using it you are missing out.

It is perfect for these cold water skittish fish. It has been out fishing live/cut bait due to how you can present it right to the school.

I just thinks its awesome how a mainly freshwater bait and technique is working and being used in that environment.  I think it just goes to show how there really is no standard at some species.....Cudos to you for trying something different SW

On 1/15/2021 at 12:26 PM, SouthernWake said:

Took the dog out fishing for a few hours the other day. LOTS of schooled up fish caught on the Ned Rig.

F7989521-F6D7-4F72-AC25-8128163F1157.thumb.JPG.5475ea77331825a6d800ab9fc5fff365.JPG

54A16F3C-26E5-4CA7-86E4-92AA46F3CD39.thumb.JPG.237566e3ae4609dfe263db1001e1a45c.JPG

Dang, wish I'd seen this post two days ago!   Found myself way back in a deep creek loaded with Trout, but they were unbelievably finicky.   We managed two, but missed a good number of "pecks".    I'm thinking that a Ned rig would have been exactly what would have gotten more action.   i'll have to try it next time.

Tough couple of days - took two trips 2+ hrs away in search of new spots and new experiences.  Vot both, but not a lot of fish.   

Day 1 fished some deep creeks with my oldest son in freezing conditions.  Found the bait, found the trout, but didnt bring many over the gunnels.   8 trout all day but very cool learning experience.  Son absolutely humiliated me, catching 5 of the 8 and all the better fish.

Day 2 headed up looking for big Striper with my daughter and her freind.  Again, new territory, and again learned a lot, but only managed one all day.  Brutal 30mph gusts eventually shut us down, but left smarter for the experience.   

Managed to get 10 min from home, but then my truck broke down in a busy intersection with my boat attached.  Absolute heart attack watching crazy (and furious) drivers zooming around my boat.   Buddy came to my rescue and got the boat and kids out of there quickly, while I waited for a tow truck (for an hour).    Long day and waiting to see how bad the truck situation will be, but grateful for good friends who will drop everything at a moments notice to help out.

20210118_112606.jpg

20210118_104141.jpg

20210118_112818.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, whichwaysup said:

Tough couple of days - took two trips 2+ hrs away in search of new spots and new experiences.  Vot both, but not a lot of fish.   

Day 1 fished some deep creeks with my oldest son in freezing conditions.  Found the bait, found the trout, but didnt bring many over the gunnels.   8 trout all day but very cool learning experience.  Son absolutely humiliated me, catching 5 of the 8 and all the better fish.

Day 2 headed up looking for big Striper with my daughter and her freind.  Again, new territory, and again learned a lot, but only managed one all day.  Brutal 30mph gusts eventually shut us down, but left smarter for the experience.   

Managed to get 10 min from home, but then my truck broke down in a busy intersection with my boat attached.  Absolute heart attack watching crazy (and furious) drivers zooming around my boat.   Buddy came to my rescue and got the boat and kids out of there quickly, while I waited for a tow truck (for an hour).    Long day and waiting to see how bad the truck situation will be, but grateful for good friends who will drop everything at a moments notice to help out.

Glad you made it home safely WWU.  Hmmm, Friend, My daughter has one of those, he's actually a good kid.  Works hard and caters to her needs.  Tough being a dad in todays times.   Just let him know you always have an extra CB "concrete block" on board in case of emergencies.....😁

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, RacerxV6 said:

Glad you made it home safely WWU.  Hmmm, Friend, My daughter has one of those, he's actually a good kid.  Works hard and caters to her needs.  Tough being a dad in todays times.   Just let him know you always have an extra CB "concrete block" on board in case of emergencies.....😁

LOL, you caught that did you?   Yes, you can see my plan, here.   Take them out in the middle of nowhere on a boat that I have sole control of and waters that only I can navigate . . . and use that opportunity to convey certain expectations with my captive audience.    

Like I said, we didn't catch much, but it was a productive trip.    :)

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, whichwaysup said:

LOL, you caught that did you?   Yes, you can see my plan, here.   Take them out in the middle of nowhere on a boat that I have sole control of and waters that only I can navigate . . . and use that opportunity to convey certain expectations with my captive audience.    

Like I said, we didn't catch much, but it was a productive trip.    :)

You did good!!!  Without a Plan there is no Attack, Without an attack there is no Victory !!!!!!  Dad's must always be Victorious.

12 hours ago, Coto said:

I’ve been meaning to pick up some of those mushroom jigs and ticklers...they really have a nice action in the water. 

That pro sport sure hauls in some fine reds.

Most of my success comes on a boring green pumpkin TRD with a 1/10 oz hook.

she has adapted well to her slow northern migration, no telling how many hundreds of redfish she brought in last year.

I want to get her back down to SWFL for snook and tarpon again this year.

• Like 1